close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lasermax for the Glock 23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Sgt Tim USA, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Sgt Tim USA

Sgt Tim USA 1 Shot 1 Kill

I recently purchased a G23 and it came a Lasermax internal guiderod laser. Can you folks who have the same setup or know anyone who does give me some info on how they work and does it effect the performance of the pistol?....Thanks for the help in advance.:)

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Congrats. Okay, first, with the gun empty, go ahead and rack the slide so its ready to fire. If you push the take down latch to the left or right, that will activate the laser. To deactivate, just push it back to the center. Long as it works like it should, make sure you put it back together the same as you see it now. And yes, its important for the red marks on the spring and battery cap to all line up or wont work. As far as performance of the gun, I've never had any malfunction caused by the Lasermax being installed. Still use your regular sights for shooting. Hope this helps ya out. Goodluck. ;I

3. Sgt Tim USA

Sgt Tim USA 1 Shot 1 Kill

Hi Glockster, I worded my posting wrong. I knew how it operated , I just wanted to know about any malfunctions. Thanks again

4. dontknockglock

dontknockglock

i have one in a g23 the firearm has never been fired without the lasermax installed.. i have never had a malfunction of any kind.

5. Glockster_James

:) Its okay. Just thought I'd through a little of everything in there. :) The newer switches have caused some problems but all seems to be fine with the older switches. But the lasers are right on and function fine, with no malfunctions in the gun. ;I

6. jkoj

jkoj

Had mine im for a few months now.Eveything is functioning fine. Hey James.

7. Glockster_James

:) There's a familiar face. Glad to hear your Lasermax is working great now after the new switch. Hopefully will get me a new Lasermax in a couple months, but planning on installing it in a new G32 then after get some money rollin again. ;f ;I

8. Guest

The LaserMax is outstanding! I owned one on my G23 (before I sold it). Great set up! It should do very well for you. Good luck.