close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

laser sights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by waikru2004, Jan 18, 2005.

1. waikru2004

waikru2004

which is better, lasermax which goes in the assembly under the barrel or the glock version which slides next to the trigger? am i right, you can still use the same holster for lasermax but not so with the other one?

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

correct, imho i'd rather use the one with light attachment. wouldn't wanna fiddle with anything that is integral to pistol's cycling mechanism

3. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

I'm not sure if the rail-type laser and light combo has a separate switch for the laser. But the lasermax is a bit cumbersome to manipulate not to mention very expensive! The older models also have the tendency to switch off during firing.

Personally, I'd suggest you spend the money instead in a good flashlight and the rest on ammo. ;)

Btw, welcome to BOGs. :)

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

right on mco...or night sights, my g17 has meps amber on the rear, green at the front :)

5. waikru2004

waikru2004

tnx guys. do you have pics of night sights, 9mx? or maybe a site you could refer me to?

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

7. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Agreed. Buy an M3 white light instead or Surefire detachable light (whatever monicker it goes by these days). And be sure to get them from Urban at Rustan's Shangri-La. While there, why not shop for knives also because you'll have a lot of funds left if your budget is for a Lasermax (partly kidding, bro).

Night sights on Glocks is almost a must these days. Like what Mc_O said, you won't go wrong with more ammo.

8. night fighter

night fighter

I have a lasermax for my G19 which i match with a surefire x200 and a streamlight m6x on my G17. The lasermax holds zero forever but i doubt its ruggedness and reliability. Although I have not experienced any malfunction for about 500 rounds. The Streamlight does not affect functionbility of your pistol, however due to its plastic construction, you have to zero once in a while. The Streamlight m6x is divable to 100 feet.

9. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Hello night fighter, and welcome to the forum :)

Could you please elaborate on this statement? Do you mean that the Streamlight M3 causes a Glock to lose its zero or change its point of impact after you have fired several hundred rounds because its plastic construction changes the balance of the pistol or something?

10. waikru2004

waikru2004

tnx guys. will definitely chk out urban.

11. night fighter

night fighter

Hi Mikey. What i meant was that since the M6X is constructed of plastic,it has the tendency to flex after a shot, its laser beam shifts a bit, unlike the lasermax that holds the beam shot after shot. However I have heard about your comment in another list, these are the older surefire models that are not glock friendly. It seems that due to the weight of the light, it disrupts the natural flex of the glock when fired, thus leads to a malfunction. As you may notice, there are no glocks featured in Surefires 2004 Catalog, not until the x200.

12. bagito

bagito tanod

thread hijack..
    nightsights or flashlights for a c- model glock? thanks

13. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

On the C-model Glocks, nightsights tend to get dirty after a few shots. As for the flashlights, they are great if you really need them.

14. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

i would prefer lasermax for IWB carry. others add to the bulk and weight. btw, 3 volt batteries used by light/laser seems more reliable than the lasermax batteries. and 3 volt batteries could be used in other accessories like surefire/derivatives.

15. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

It depends. Is this going to be a carry gun or a house gun? Also, if there is even a remote possiblity of having to shoot the gun under low light, you might want to reconsider having a compensated model since the escaping gas and the flash from the upward pointing ports might ruin your night vision. Also, I believe C-model guns give a louder report, so you might want to consider that if you're going to fire in the enclosed space of a house. It hard enough being blinded, but having a ringing sound in your ears to match is really going to make it hard to sense where the BG is.

Whatever you decide on, try it at the range first under simulated conditions so you won't be surprised if you ever have to use it for real.

16. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

A non-compensated Glock barrel first. Then buy both nightsights and flashlights.

Mikey's correct; the gas venting upwards during shooting is a concern, especially in low-light. You could easily burn your face if you have to fire the gun from the waist level in an emergency. Another concern in night shoots would be your choice of ammo. Smoke generated by gunfire in darkness obscures your vision substantially even if you have a powerful white light unit. So stick with the ammo that would generate the least smoke for a house-dedicated defense gun.

17. waikru2004

waikru2004

hi nightfighter. wondering where you got your lasermax and how much it was?

18. bagito

bagito tanod

thanks guys. now im thinking of buying an aftermarket non compensated barrel for my 23c. where can i get one. the last time i asked final option and twin pines no stock or better idea to just convert it into 9mm?

19. night fighter

night fighter

Hi Wairu, i got my laser max in the states 4 years ago, i think it cost me U$ 450. I believe you can order it anywhere nowadays on line. There even is a new model wherein the spring is compressed, same as the original glock, I believe this model would be more reliable. Re night sights for C models, it is a must to have a light on your c model pistol. Firing a c model in low light could blind you temporarily which is a very big hazard. For night sights there are 3 major manufacturers nowadays. Trijicon, meprolight, and amerilite. Novak and Dawson precision have them too.

20. waikru2004

waikru2004

thanks NF. will keep this in mind. mine's not a C model though.