close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

laser sights for baby glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pebbs, Mar 22, 2004.

1. pebbs

pebbs Respond Team

I was wondering if any of you use a Laser Max is your baby glock? I have thought about it but haven't really heard anything good or bad about them. I have a 27 and wonder how accurate they are.

2. barnettbill

barnettbill

A buddy of mine has one (Lasermax) on his G27. I used to make fun of him, saying he has an expensive toy. He told me that it is great for drawing practice & dry firing. He told me that when he started, he would draw and be off target by quite a bit at 10 yards. Now with practice he is almost always dead on. Now I want one, now that I can see what I consider a legitimate use for it.

And yes. It is dead on at 25 yards.

3. jamiecw

jamiecw

I had one in my first G30. It is an expensive toy. Especially when the stupid thing turns on in your holster and kills the batteries ($10/batt pack at my local shop).
    They are extremely accurate, but I don't see the need to pay $200+ for it. I have not put one in any of my Glocks since I sold that one.

4. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

I had one in my full-size G20 and I only used it for home protection. I liked it for various reasons, but I always figured it would get switched on accidentally like jamiecw mentioned and waste the batteries.
    I'll probably get them again in the future, but it's not real high on my priority list.

5. Alice

Alice

I have had the LaserMax sights in my Glock 26 for over two years and have never had the sights go on accidently and use up the battery. They are good for indoor dryfire practice. Besides that, they are pretty cool to show off........

6. GuitarSlinger66

GuitarSlinger66

I'm confused about how you turn on the laser. Do you flip the takedown switch DOWN on the right side?

7. Alice

Alice

You push the laser switch either right or left(the alternate side)to turn it on. Turn the laser sight off by pushing the slide lock/laser switch back to the center position. Pretty simple to operate once the LaserMax is installed correctly.