close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Laser Max Problem With Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockisbaby, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Glockisbaby

Glockisbaby

HI , EVERY ONE

I have Glock 19 made by this year in feb , buy the LaserMax for this pistol, but when installed.I have 2 problem .

1. The spring for locking slide very hard to put on the placed , call LaserMax , they said try to bent it little bit or smack it down as much as you can????????????.......wow it that the way they install????
    2. The LaserMax guide rod not fit in to a placed, a bit bigger then
    the Glock guide rod , so if i try pushed down,it will go in there but what happen is , when i pull the slide And let it go , the slide not going back to the placed and hang on half way back or some time still stuck on the way about 1/2 " . Call LaserMax they said try to push down the spring , but i very sure the spring all way down and the problem cause by the dia. of the place for guide rod for this year they(Glock) make and the LaserMax last update 2003.

so i don't know the other year model have a problem or not ? please post for every body know. Thank you.

2. drboyd

drboyd

...literally 10 minutes ago. New 32 made this year, brand new lasermax.

Here's what I found: The little silver spring that goes under the slide lock gadget is hard to get seated right. You kinda have to lift up the loose end and wiggle it in. It must sit just a hair below the surrounding plastic (er, excuse me - high tech polymer) surface. If you don't get that silver spring down all the way, you are not going to make it work right.

Now, I'm a complete and total gun noob, and the first time I've taken this thing apart is tonite, but it's just like any opther piece of mechanical stuff.

Get the spring thingy flat, and then you're cool.

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

"The LaserMax guide rod not fit in to a placed, a bit bigger then
    the Glock guide rod..."

The LaserMax compresses, so that little difference is okay.

Note: Do not retract the coil spring only at the end near the lens, as this is a two piece capture-collar, which can shoot pretty far if compressed & released suddenly; it's made this way to facilitate spring replacement, and is not covered in the fairly crappy instructions. I made this amazing discovery one Friday evening, futzing around with the thing. :beer: :freak:

We like the LaserMax units on our G21 & G19 (see other post).

--Ray