Glock Talk banner

Laser Max ? green !

617 3
I just bought my first Glock, Gen 4 19.
Im thinking about A green Laser Max guide Rod, Ive heard some up's and downs about them but wanted everyone feed back before dropping @ 400$
Green they say is brighter and extends battery life. Local Gun shop guy says company is great for support
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
11,514 Posts
I just bought my first Glock, Gen 4 19.
Im thinking about A green Laser Max guide Rod, Ive heard some up's and downs about them but wanted everyone feed back before dropping @ 400$
Green they say is brighter and extends battery life. Local Gun shop guy says company is great for support
$400? I think I'd use the money to buy another gun instead. Not sure how the color would have an effect on battery life.

· Registered
523 Posts
I have one of their red spring replacement units. I like it for low light and night time.

My brother in law got a green one.
His was not easily visible at any practical distance in the strong Texas daylight we often shoot in.

Only had it out once since he got it. Will try again using the dull side of aluminum foil to see the light.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
I had a red one for my Gen 3 Glock 23. The switch is the weak point in the guide rod laser system. Lasermax does have good customer support. They replaced the first switch free of charge, with a newer design, but it wasn't much better than the old one.

Some of the problems I had: Switch turned on inadvertently in the holster, ran batteries down; Switch working sporadically, or getting bumped on while I was shooting and didn't want it on; Switch not working at all, required removal and cleaning.

Electrolytic grease on the contact helps. The guide rod laser doesn't adversely effect the way the gun works. The gun always ran fine with the Lasermax in it. I won't buy another one though. It just wasn't reliable. I think mine cost $330. Looks like the price has gone up on them. It's a cool thing to have, but not worth the price for me anymore. The little box-shaped ones that mount on the light rail is probably a better product at less than half the price, and you can move it to another weapon if ya want to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.