Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,
Hope this finds everyone healthy and safe.
Want to get a Laser and Light for my Glock G19 Gen 5.
Any suggestions.
Thank you
Ed

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
The TLR7 series (i believe there is one with a laser)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a 2 Streamlight TLR-2 with laser (1 green/1 red). And a few TLR-1 lights only. I really like Streamlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,436 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thoughts ?
Streamlight 69265 TLR-2 800 High Lumens G Rail Mounted Flashlight with Green Laser, Black
Also Green or Red ?

·
Registered
21,436 Posts
Thoughts ?
Streamlight 69265 TLR-2 800 High Lumens G Rail Mounted Flashlight with Green Laser, Black
Also Green or Red ?
Streamlight makes good products. The TLR2 will stick way past the muzzle on your 19. It is about even with the 34. The TLR7 and 8 will be about flush. If you plan on carrying concealed this makes a big difference

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Streamlight makes good products. The TLR2 will stick way past the muzzle on your 19. It is about even with the 34. The TLR7 and 8 will be about flush. If you plan on carrying concealed this makes a big difference
AWESOME INFO !!!!
Very Grateful pgg

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great Info Guys, Again Thank You !
2 Last Questions:
1. The TLR-8 G model has side switches while the TLR-8®A G model has rear switches.
Side or rear switches ?
2. Thinking Green versus Red ?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yep the TLR-2 is bigger than most. As I don’t carry it that’s fine with me and if I do I’ll just take it off my P226. I have zero experience with the 7 or 8 but would try them in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
2 Last Questions:
1. The TLR-8 G model has side switches while the TLR-8®A G model has rear switches.
Side or rear switches ?
I have both the TLR-8 and the TLR-8 A. The TLR-8 A works better for me because my short fingers can reach the rear switches a lot easier than the side switches, plus, you have the option of having them in the high or low position.

Regarding the red or green, I much prefer the green because I can see the green in the daylight, while the red is hard to see. At night, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference for me.

My recommendation is to get the TLR-8 A G if you're considering the TLR-8. Look up Botach.com, they sell them for $215, although they are out of stock right now. You can be placed on their notification list and you'll get an email when they are back in stock. Just one person's opinion. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
IMHO, the Streamlight TLR-8AG is the very best WML ever made for use on Glock pistols with rails. It's amazing how many features have been built in to such a small unit that does not protrude in front of a Glock Compact pistol.

Most users seem to report the A-model's switch location plus the G version's green laser to be the optimal configuration of the state-of-the-art TLR-8 series.

https://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/tlr-8-a-g

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
2 Last Questions:
Side or rear switches ?
I agree with coma1924 and Mike-M.

I do not care for my TLR-8 with the side switches. They are tough for me to operate. The light itself is nice, it is the side switches I dislike. The A fixes that, and is a fine light!

I strongly prefer the green lasers. Far easier to pick up. They cost more, but I choose to spend extra for them.

While I like my Streamlight TLR-2 Green laser and Surefire x400 Green laser better in terms of ergonomics, they are much larger, and better suited for a G17-sized gun. For a G19, I think the TLR-8 is about perfect.

Reactions: Mike-M
1 - 14 of 14 Posts