Laser for bedside Glock 19X

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by MIckeyR, Aug 14, 2018.

1. MIckeyR

MIckeyR

Looking to add a Streamlight TLR-7 or TLR-8 to my 19X for bedside use. What is thoughts of using a laser on a bedside gun?

2. AZVET

AZVET

Perfect choice for bedside gun. If its dark who can see the front sight in a split second decision. Have the switch set so the light and laser both come on. I have several streamlight products and they are the best. Their warranty is fantastic too.

WARRIOR 45 likes this.

3. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I havde a Crimson Trace red laser light on my bedside Gen 3 G-22.

4. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Good idea but 1000x more important is a light also. I believe the models you suggested are both so great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Belchfire

Belchfire

looking to do the same as you. I have no experience with lasers or lights. I have an extra 19 to set up for the nightstand.
    I can see me knocking my glasses on the floor and without them sights are useless.
    Was looking at an inexpensive micro laser but a light would be a +

6. sharkbait22

sharkbait22

Most pistol lasers don't hold very good zero in my experience. You're better off getting your slide milled for an RMR or something similar with a WML. It will cost you a lot more but will be 10x better in the long run.

7. Phelen_Kell

Phelen_Kell

I thought about the laser route, but I'm not having any issues with my health yet.
    A WML and handheld light would serve you well for home use.
    At what distances do you expect to engage at? You want to make sure you're shooting a threat and not a family member. At the distances I expect to use a handgun in and around the home, a light works best for me. I'm not worried about needing a laser. But everyone is different and has different needs.

8. Dr_fast

Dr_fast

One of my bedside guns. And carry guns for that matter. Just swapped out the bigger magazine and go to bed.

One note… With this laser you can stay dark and just use your night sights un tell you squeeze hard enough to activate it before firing. B7D3A8F2-0826-488B-A39E-C7F3BC219A82.jpeg

JKinAZ likes this.
  9. JKinAZ

JKinAZ

Got a 43 with CT and a 19x with TLR-8.

No reason to not have a laser or light or RMR or what not. Murphys law and all...

Dr_fast likes this.