Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Build the Wall
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the weapons used in Las Vegas? I am predicting AR-15 with Binary Trigger OR Slide Fire type stock.

Thoughts?

Prayers for the victims and their families.

S&W

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
What are your thoughts on the weapons used in Las Vegas? I am predicting AR-15 with Binary Trigger OR Slide Fire type stock.

Thoughts?

Prayers for the victims and their families.

S&W
I'm thinking yes, due to the alteration in the rate of fire at one point, it seems continuous, but out of sync. I don't know how hard it would be to convert a semi AK to full, but I know there are very few transferable pre 86 AKs for sale. Speculation has been AK, but who knows?

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,549 Posts
The sound of the gunfire had extended periods of fully automatic fire. It seems unlikely that it was a bump fire type of device. Still, the viciousness of this attack is heartbreaking.

May God bless the dead and wounded and their families.

Flash

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Sounded like a full auto AK to me. Pretty consistent speed of fire. Break in the firing was for reload. We shall see, and stand by for the ******** to go full 'Tard on the gun community and the NRA. The Hildabeast has already tweeted in on "How many more could he have killed if he had a Silencer? The NRA wants everyone to have one!" Or some such drivel.
ISIS has also claimed he is a Soldier for them. Madness!
Prayers for all those killed by a madman or terrorist, be he American or not. Jesus!

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
We had a nasty head on near here the other day, ISIS claimed responsibility.

The shooter was crazier than a rat in a can, regardless of what the "sane" claim was his motivation.

Kudos to the first responders, many, many prayers for the victims.

·
Registered
31,703 Posts
There are video clips out there where the rate of fire is not consistent... it speeds up and slows down.
I only heard one string where there was any break in cadence, and it sounded like echoes could have been the reason. The rest of it is incredibly consistent.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Im thinking AK and bump stock. Sounded just like one.

On another note, Ive been saving for 3 months to buy a BCM 14.5 rifle and now I bet I wont be able to get my hands on it because of some moron

·
Crusty Member
10,814 Posts
If you don’t care about breaking laws, it’s not rocket science to make a rifle full-auto without gimmicks like binary triggers or bump fire stocks.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
The sound of the gunfire had extended periods of fully automatic fire. It seems unlikely that it was a bump fire type of device. Still, the viciousness of this attack is heartbreaking.

May God bless the dead and wounded and their families.

Flash
I have to agree with this. Those bumpfire stocks are not as easy to use as the advertising makes them sound and there wasn't much differentiation I could notice in rate of fire that would be apparent with any of the simulated full auto stocks and triggers. The rate of fire also sounded a bit slow to be an M16. My guess would be full auto AK. I also doubt highly that this guy spent the $40000+ for a transferrable AK, if you can even find one, not even considering the nearly one year wait to get the paperwork back from BATFE.

Regardless of the firearm used, this is a tragedy of incomprehensible proportion carried out by a coward. Two windows broken out, one on a corner and someone on the 32nd floor across from a crowded festival. It all appears very premeditated.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Im thinking AK and bump stock. Sounded just like one.

On another note, Ive been saving for 3 months to buy a BCM 14.5 rifle and now I bet I wont be able to get my hands on it because of some moron
I bet the ability to buy/make NFA regulated firearms and devices will also be attacked now since I already saw a news headline along the lines of "Open Carry, Concealed Carry, Machine Guns all legal in Nevada..."

·
Right wing nut
9,442 Posts
I'm guessing an illegally modified rifle. I doubt this guy has the money for a legal MG.

Perhaps the changes in rate of fire are due to him using different guns? I thought I heard he had about 10 long guns.

·
Right wing nut
9,442 Posts
It has been reported that he owns multiple properties and two aircraft... Seems to have money.
Didn't hear that. Well, maybe he did have a MG.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts