close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Las Vegas Gun Stores?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by msu_grad_121, Mar 20, 2010.

1. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

A buddy of mine is going out to Las Vegas for vacation for a couple days, and was askin about renting a "machine gun". Anybody have any comments? Suggestions?

2. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

I thought I remembered seeing an ad for a place that does rent machine guns, last time I was out there. It's somewhere outside the city, can't remember what it was called or where it was.

3. Hedo1

Hedo1

4. x5150x

x5150x On the Level...

I second The Gun Store. Awesome staff, very helpful, very nice. My wife and I had our Honeymoon in Vegas and, at her request, we rented some full-autos there (Thompson, MP5, etc.). I'm a lucky guy!

5. SAR

SAR CLM

A couple of years ago, I went to "The Gun Store" on Tropicana in Vegas and I thought it was expensive and a bit limited. I went because friends had never fired a full auto, and they wanted to try. I have fired full auto many times, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

If I recall correctly, it cost me almost $100 for two mags from an MP-5. Again, a bit expensive. I've fired an MP-5 many times and I wasn't all that enthused about spending a hundred bucks, but I wanted to humor my friends.

When we went into the shoot room, it was a lecture about gun safety, which was good, but then he insisted on hanging my silhouette target upside down. I didn't know what that was all about so I asked, and he told me that most folks tend to travel up with their shots and they were tired of having their frames destroyed. I guess that meant he didn't want anyone taking headshots that close to the frame.

I emptied the magazine in the 10 ring which seemed surprise the rangemaster so he asked if I had fired an MP-5 before.. "Uh a few times."

All in all, if you have fired full auto before, save your money. It's a bit controlled and it is very expensive.

6. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

I think there is a similar place in Reno! I am trying to go to the Reno Gun Show and this full auto place. I have shot most of the semi modern stuff but would like to try (if they have one) a Thompson and a Glock 18. :cool:

7. SAR

SAR CLM

Hey Trigger, what Division did you retire out of?

8. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

DSD. Detective Support Division. Same as SIS. I think it is called something different now!

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The Gun Store is their big superstore with the gamut of full-auto weapons for rent. They run tour groups from overseas to play there.

I've never done it there but didn't need to. Shot a few full autos and got it out of my system.

10. SAR

SAR CLM

Oh. I know a bunch of guys from DSD. Did you know Javier G.?

11. jpa

jpa CLM

I much prefer the atmosphere at American Shooters. Not as controlled as the gun store. They give you the gun (you give your DL), basic instruction and send you on your way to the line as long as you don't look like a goober who isn't sure which end goes bang.

12. Trigger Finger

Trigger Finger

I know Javier very well. In fact we were partners in 77th division many years ago. Too bad about his M.S. condition. He is also retired, out of state.

Maybe I missed it but jpa, where is "American Shooter"? Is this the one in Reno.

13. jpa

jpa CLM

American Shooter's is in Las Vegas on Arville at Spring Mtn. It's close to the Rio, TI, etc.