Las Vegas budget cuts.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jpa, Feb 13, 2010.

1. jpa

jpa CLM

So the city of Las Vegas is thinking of cutting their 65-man marshal unit down 20 positions. Last year, they handled 13,689 calls for the ENTIRE YEAR. That averages out to 37 or 38 calls per day, or 17 calls per marshal per month. I'm sure not all marshals are on the street at all times, but assuming they work a full month (4x10 work week) that's a little over 1 call each per day. I'd hate to say it, but their workload could easily get absorbed into Metro with little or no consequence.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/city-marshals-appeal-to-public-for-support-in-budget-fight-84069792.html

Feb. 10, 2010
    Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

LAS VEGAS BUDGET SHORTFALL: City marshals appeal to public for support in budget fight

Law officers seek public's input to retain positions

By ALAN CHOATE
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. Gangrel

Gangrel

weird... totally different responsibilities than we have here... marshals office does court security and warrant service, nothing more...

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

LA and San Bernardino County lost their marshals offices a long time ago and the Sheriffs absorbed them. Orange County still has them for court security and civilian process service, I think.