Glock Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,329 Posts
I tried Pearce extensions and they were flawless... until I tried them with 124gr HST hollow points - last round jammed every time. With round nose plinking rounds, they work well. I know they work for some people, and WeeWilly and others found that modding the ejector fixed the problems they were having.

My thoughts: carry gun, keep your mag and gun stock; that +1 isn't going to be a +1 if your gun jams, and it's going to be a minus whatever time it takes to unjam it at a time when you need it most.

The ETS mags were jammy for me as well. Good for the range, but not for carry. Again, that +1 isn't going to be so great if it jams your gun.

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I tried Pearce extensions and they were flawless... until I tried them with 124gr HST hollow points - last round jammed every time. With round nose plinking rounds, they work well. I know they work for some people, and WeeWilly and others found that modding the ejector fixed the problems they were having.

My thoughts: carry gun, keep your mag and gun stock; that +1 isn't going to be a +1 if your gun jams, and it's going to be a minus whatever time it takes to unjam it at a time when you need it most.

The ETS mags were jammy for me as well. Good for the range, but not for carry. Again, that +1 isn't going to be so great if it jams your gun.
Great advice Yep.
I will do that

· Registered
1,285 Posts

Did you have trouble with the 9 and 12’s for the 43? I had problems with the 7 rounders.

· Registered
3,329 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Any advice on extra mags for my G43 (9mm) and G36 (.45) ? Looking for larger mags than the 6 plus 1 but since I am in MASS the limit I believe is 10 per mag. Went on Gun Mag Warehouse and found Elite Tactical Systems (ETS) Glock 43 9mm 9 round Mag (SKU # GLK-43-9) and Glock Gen 4 Glock 21, 21SF, .45 ACP 10 Round Factory Mag (SKU # MF10021)

• Is this the best I can find out there or are there any other recomendations
  • Will these work correctly with my 2 Glocks ?

Thank you all my new friends on GT

Here is the links to the 2 mags I am asking about:
ETS Glock 43 9mm 9-Round Magazine
Glock Gen 4 Glock 21, 21SF .45 ACP 10-Round Factory Magazine
Try out Cainarms. They have an extended mag(3D printed though) that will add 3 rounds to your G36.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
Sense of humor ON.

I'm sure most of the people asking about adding rounds to a G42/43 or whatever smaller Glock, are now more than aware of the P365/Hellcat/Shield+/Max9/Every Other Micro 9 with 10+ on board. 😂

There are those of us... That want options for the guns we may already have, and/or intend to keep. Not trying to be a dick, but every time this type of question comes up there someone saying Get a P365 or whatever. 😂

· Registered
363 Posts
I do not understand why a person would buy a low magazine capacity pistol then want to increase the magazine capacity. Perhaps a person should buy a Glock 26 pistol then you can use the Glock 26 10 round magazine, a Glock 19 15 round magazines, or Glock 17 17round & 33 round magazines. A Glock 26 is a very concealable Pistol.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
I can make a smaller gun bigger if I want (G26 with X-Grip and a 19 mag) but I can't really take the bigger gun and make it smaller if the situation requires a smaller gun for deep CCW. You'll say just purchase a smaller gun, too. Some people do not want multiple guns, or may not be able to afford one.

The P365's wave of success has been just that. Small gun, with larger capacity, that can also be easily made bigger with compatible magazines. It works well for new gun buyers who want a "do everything" gun, but most new gun owners are unaware of the fact that those smaller guns are notoriously more difficult to learn on and shoot to newer shooters.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.