Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,285 Posts
I have had no troubles at all with my 9 round and 12 round ETS mags in my 43. I did with the seven rounds. In fact, when I loaded them with seven rounds I had seven out of eight times a failure to feed the first round. After the first round, no issues ever. But what’s the sense of having a seven round magazine if you could only put six in it? No such trouble with the nines and 12s except one of my 12 round magazine’s had one minor issue with aluminum cased ammunition the very first time it was loaded and then that was never repeated again with it or any of the four other 12 on magazines I had. Zero issues with the nine round mags.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Oh, and by the way, Glock store has some 10 round mags that are actually stock mags with a plus 4 extension That is a really unique design. You can see the video on their website. It has its own self contained Spring and mechanism at the bottom of the bag that bolts on. It’s unique. I have four of those. Three of them seem to function fine and the fourth gave me trouble till I modified it. I’m not sure of their reliability because of that. And also they make the grip unacceptably big in my opinion.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
I tried Pearce extensions and they were flawless... until I tried them with 124gr HST hollow points - last round jammed every time. With round nose plinking rounds, they work well. I know they work for some people, and WeeWilly and others found that modding the ejector fixed the problems they were having.

My thoughts: carry gun, keep your mag and gun stock; that +1 isn't going to be a +1 if your gun jams, and it's going to be a minus whatever time it takes to unjam it at a time when you need it most.

The ETS mags were jammy for me as well. Good for the range, but not for carry. Again, that +1 isn't going to be so great if it jams your gun.
Did you have trouble with the 9 and 12’s for the 43? I had problems with the 7 rounders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.