close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lar-8?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by gsdrulz, Mar 15, 2010.

1. gsdrulz

gsdrulz

Any one have one? Any good/bad reviews? I know that Rock River bought the design from Bushmaster. But I have not heard much about it. Thinking about getting one.

gsdrulz

2. Broncovan

Broncovan

I have the 26" Varmint version. Very heavy, but she shoots like a dream. I've got a Zeiss Conquest 6.5x20x50 held on by a LaRue LT104 and I put an ACE skeleton stock on it. Comes with the RR two stage trigger, not a bad trigger for the $$. I'm thinking about having it cut down to 22" and having it threaded so I can put a suppressor on it. I just don't want 35" of barrel sticking out there. It's nice that it takes inch or metric FAL mags, $20 for a 20 rounder. I think that the days of the $8 gunshow FAL mags are all gone now. Ambi mag release as well as ambi bolt catch.

You won't be dissapointed if you decide on the RR.

3. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

We have a 20" in our test fleet. It is fairly new so no long term feedback but it has handled everything from match to mil surplus ammo. I ordered it when they were first announced and waited for almost two years. It has a Daniel Defense quad rail that I really like but for some reason they dropped that option.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  4. gsdrulz

gsdrulz

Just wondering how your 4.5x14x50 scope would work on this rifle? I am going to pick this rifle(20" standard A4) up here in the next week or so.

Thanks
    gsdrulz

5. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

It would be a good choice. We ave done plenty of testing on .308s with it. Order with the high rings and you are good to go.