close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Laptop bag

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock!9, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Glock!9

Glock!9

What are the best laptop bags out there these days?

2. Hawkeye16

Hawkeye16

I really like my TimBuk2 bag. It has taken everything and still rolling. In college I actually ran over it and it was stuck in between my wheel well and the tire for about 10 feet. Thankfully only had textbooks in it. Still has tread marks on it but no rips or tears.

I still use it daily. Probably have had it 9-10 years now.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

3. Glock!9

Glock!9

I have a Swiss bag i have had for nearly 10 years. It still works but is old looking and kinda beatup. i have re purposed it and need something a little more professional looking.

4. 220-9er

220-9er

I've used a Brenthaven for years. They aren't real well known but they are top quality but not priced like Tumi and other premium brands.
    I had one for about 8 years and the zipper tab broke off from hard use. They gave me a new one for free and paid the shipping.

http://www.brenthaven.com/?gclid=CM_stprRvq8CFQda7AodIk530Q

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I'm a freakin convert. Saddleback Leather. I resisted for as long as I could. LOL

I still don't like all the rings on it, but I don't notice it as much as I'd thought I would.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Really depends on your needs. I have several and switch between them depending.

I second Timbuk2. Awesome bags if you want a messenger. Bomb-proof

Swiss stuff is cheap junk. Durable but the features are cheap (pockets, zippers, webbing) and they're unnecessarily heavy.

As with all things Briggs and Reilly makes, they're bags/briefs are top notch.

Tumi has a loyal following but I don't have any of their stuff.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  7. certifiedfunds

Having to buckle and unbuckle as well as the expected weight turned me off. Is it an issue?

Also, are you pretty much stationary during the day?

8. certifiedfunds

9. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

10. Dennis in MA

I thought the buckle alone would piss me off. Most of the time, it stays unbuckled. It takes a few seconds to open it. I like to imagine I'm a bicycle messenger or something. I'm not. I'm an office dork.

I dislike the 239 other rings on it. But they are unobtrusive in real life - don't scratch furniture and stuff.

The weight is a factor. Oh, and one thing that I ???? til this day about: I've got a Custom Hide bag. The shoulder pad is the underside so it "sticks' to your shoulder. These are smooth. :( I wish they were rough-side-down so they'd stay on my shoulder better. I've thought about hitting it with some sandpaper. I guess I'll test some OTHER leather before destroying this bag. LOL

It's well organized while being very open. I don't need 12 pen pockets, a calculator pocket, a cell phone pocket, a water bottle pocket, etc., Gimme a few places to put stuff. The Saddleback (I have that small one) does that.

11. VELO

VELO

Damn you Dennis! I have been able to keep away from the Saddleback site for quite a while and my desire for new leather was waning. Now you've gone and got me all fired up again. I'm sending you the bill if I buy something in the next five days! :tongueout:

To the OP. I have a Tom Bihn Empire Builder, www.tombihn.com , that I use most of the time and I like very much.

It's a bombproof bag, looks a bit more professional than a messenger bag like the Timbuk2, but is still nylon instead of leather. Best part about them? Hand made in Seattle, USA. And when I say bombproof I mean it. I got caught in a tornado at an outdoor trade show last year. Had all of my stuff in my Tom Bihn and absolutely nothing was wet inside the bag.

I just picked up an inexpensive Ogio laptop bag that's a bit smaller for when I don't need so much stuff that's okay, but I can definitely tell it's not up the the level of Tom Bihn, Tumi or any of the other bags mentioned here.

12. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Maxpedition.

You're either tactical or you're not.

Khaki is the new tactical black just in case you didn't know.

BTW, Khaki FTMFW! :)

13. Dennis in MA

Sorry, Velo. I'm just passing it on. LOL

14. certifiedfunds

Thanks. They are beautiful. Problem is I'm a function over form guy and just the opposite -- I need the little pockets to hold things up through the vertical profile of the bag. Otherwise I have everything piled up in the bottom and it gets very wide. Anyway........

I did get an LOL looking at his suitcases/luggage. Beautiful for sure but unless one travels with their man servant I can't see buying a piece of luggage that big without wheels.

15. captainstormy

captainstormy

I bought an HP branded laptop backpack when I got my first consulting job. I've drug that thing around on countless trips and its still going strong. Lots of storage ability too.

16. FlaFF

FlaFF