close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Laptop Bag for Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Ryan WA, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Ryan WA

Ryan WA

Does anyone know of a good option for a laptop bag with a compartment for my gun too? I tried searching online but all I found was forums posts full of people saying not to do off the body carry. I however need this for work where I cannot feasibly carry on my person without risking printing or accidental exposure, but I do have a locker where I would keep the bag. I leave work late at night and really want a good way to have my gun with me.

2. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

Tell me about the gun you have in mind.

3. dosei

dosei

Maxpedition Kodiak

Marom Dolphin BG5008

Gun Tote'n Mamas GTM-0155

Creative Concealment Casual Briefcase and Executive Briefcase

...and I'm sure there are MANY more. Just look for places that make CC bags for women and you will find many that also have offerings for men.

4. Stlbrian

Stlbrian

I have a covert carry messenger bag from Blackhawk I carry frequently. It has a small pouch on the back that is lined in velcro. I got a universal adjustable velcro holster to slide in it. My G23 fits like a glove. Anything larger though, and it probably would not fit.

The bag is really nice, plenty of storage for my Macbook, accessories, and some paperwork.

Overall I am really happy with it. I was able to find both the holster (made by maxpedition) and the bag on Amazon.

5. dregotglock

dregotglock CHL Instructor

I use a Condor Sling bag for a fullsize laptop - for my chl classes I bring a laptop, eyes, ears, ammo, 2x firearms. Has 2x pistol slots on back side for ambi access. All fits nicely without issue -

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MOLLE-402

6. dosei

dosei

Maxpedition also makes a few others that are more "briefcase" style...such as the SPATHA and the TESTUDO. Places like Maxpedition, Blackhawk, Condor, Hazard 4, 5.11, and others will have several durable nylon bag & pack options to choose from. Just go to LApolicegear.com / cheaperthandirt / sportsmansguide / midwayusa and do a search for "laptop"...you will get several different bags that are made to carry a laptop, and several of them will also be designed to carry a gun. Just do a little looking/digging and you'll find several options.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  7. damphousse25

damphousse25

I bought a large Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 Messenger Bag and sewed one piece of loop velco into the luggage handle pass-through area on the back of the bag and another at the top of the pass-through. I added a cheap velcro holster with a thumb strap and attached a magazine holder with velcro and I was good to go.

The advantages to this set-up are:
    1. It looks like any messenger/laptop bag and is not "tactical" at all.
    2. I can easily get to the pistol without opening the main bag. I can have my hand on the pistol and no one would know.
    3. Access is quick.

No one has ever suspected that I might be carrying.

8. cbthedookie

cbthedookie

I really like my 5.11 rush Moab 10. Unlike most bags, it can be quickly twisted to front of body, and you can draw w/o undoing zippers or anything slow. The concealed compartment is behind the front pocket - relatively quick.

A bit tight for a laptop, but might work for you.

Semi-related: greenforce tactical makes a GREAT velcro backed kydex holster that securely holds my glock 26 or 23 in this bag. Highly recommend. Christian (owner) was great and quick to work with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. deputy tom

deputy tom

10. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

Just about all the Maxpedition stuff can accommodate a pistol. I don't think you could wear it out in a lifetime. I have a falcon II backpack that I've used daily for years and it looks the same as the day I got it.

11. nursetim

nursetim

12. ncglock19

ncglock19

13. Ryan WA

Ryan WA

Thanks for sharing. I am actually going to use that.

I have decided to buy the 5.11 Side Trip bag for this. and I recently got my money back after dealing with issues on my purchase of a Midway Competition Range Bag. Midway USA customer service was a pain to deal with so I decided against a replacement and just got my money back. So I was just going to buy the 5.11 range ready bag, same configuration, a little pricer but I have more choices of where to buy and it seems from my research the extra price isn't just for the name brand, it seems the quality of the 5.11 bag is much better so I will be purchasing these both tonight and I save $50.

14. MStarmer

MStarmer In Jail...

I have several of the LA police gear "bail out" bags. I use them for emergency bags in all my vehicles and for the price they make great gifts as well. I don't know how well they hold up long term under hard use but for the price they are easy to add to the cart when buying something else. Lot's of nooks and crannies to organize stuff. I don't use one for a range bag but they would work nicely I presume.

15. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Condor sells an excellent one. High quality, great features, to include gun compartment/holster.

16. Billy10mm

Billy10mm

Bad idea. Laptop bags attract thieves. Personally, I would be lightly miffed about losing a laptop but mortified if I lost a gun because I put it in a laptop bag. I don't know where you plan to use this bag, but in many of the businesses I frequent (Wall St. banks and funds), laptop bags and handbags are all run through TSA-style x-ray machines - people aren't.

Why choose the bag over concealing under your shirt?

17. Billy10mm

Billy10mm

18. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

I agree - the best place for a personal-defense firearm is on your person.