close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lane Anna, Virginia

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Spankywombat, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Spankywombat

Spankywombat

Anyone visited Lake Anna, about an hour northwest of Richmond? It's technically a "waste water cooling lagoon" for the local nuke plant (which doesn't bother me in the least -- in fact, it warms up one portion of the lake!), albeit a 17 mile long pond. Any notes on properties, fishing, things to do?

2. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I have not been there in about ten years but it is a nice place from what I remember. Very pretty and scenic.

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

4. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Great place. Me and the wife vacationed on the warm side for a week when I came back from Iraq (2006). Couple jet skis...

I still get emails from Lake Anna Winery where we went to a tasting.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. chris in va

chris in va

Fishing isn't all that, some stripers get caught on occasion. I took the boat down there a couple times and we had fun tubing/swimming. The water around the nuke plant is at least in the 40's during the winter and ice free.

Nothing really to write home about, just a lake.

6. glock27ss

glock27ss

My wife and I rented a house there (same house) for Memorial Day and Labor Day last year. We had suck a great time that we rented the house again this Memorial Day. The house we rent has 4 bedrooms and 2 baths and is lakefront, has its own "beach" area and a boat house. So we invite 3 other couples and make a great week out of it. We bring up a boat and party for the week. During those 2 weekends it is like spring break on the lake ... In all the coves and stuff boats just drop anchor and chill and drink and stuff. There is even one place in the eastern part of the lake that has a perminent sand barge with volleyball on it... It is a pretty relaxing place overall though....but if you are looking for a party you don't have to look that hard.

I would definatly recommend, as I really enjoy going there. Plus it is about 1 hour from me so it makes for a nice cheap getaway!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010