Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
I'm guessing this probably goes on all the time but isn't very common and not worth reporting about unless you are looking to titillate or sensationalize. Man, what passes for news these days is just pathetic.

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Is this the same thing as when your girlfriend moves in with you and you pay all the bills?

·
Banned
5,724 Posts
And the problem is?
The problem is that the landlord is in a position of power and control over the tenant.

The tenant is in a situation of duress, and is not in a position to freely consent to sex.

If the tenant cannot afford to pay rent, the landlord can say "have sex with me, or I'll throw you out on the street and you will be homeless."

It's the same with a student and teacher, or an employee and employer, or a cop and an arrestee.

"Have sex with me, and I'll bump up your grade to an A."

"Have sex with me, or I'll fire you and you'll be unemployed!"

"Have sex with me, and I won't arrest you!"

Now do you see the problem?

You shouldn't need to have these things explained to you.

How would you feel if some scummy landlord/teacher/professor/employer used his position of power to force your wife or daughter to have sex with him?

Rape isn't always done with physical force. Often, the rapist uses their position of power/control over the victim/victim's livelihood to force them to have sex.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts