Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife will not spend money to get good shoes. She buys cheap shoes that look nice but are very poor quality. I want to surprise her with a good pair of heals that will be more comfortable than her $60 heals that she complains about. I want to know what are some very nice quality and comfortable heals. Is there such a thing as comfortable heals? FYI - I typically buy my dress shoes at Nordstrom and it is close and convenient for me to shop.

Thank you ladies for helping me out. Men, if you respond with a brand of shoe, you will forever be a woman in my mind.

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
That's the kind of thing I could never, ever do.
There is no accounting for taste and whatever I picked would not be something she would have bought herself.

If you are going to have to do the shopping you might as well take her with you and let her choose.

·
Registered
451 Posts
This coming from a woman...

Don't do it.

If you really feel the need, get a gift card You can't guarantee a good or comfortable fit, even if you buy something that is supposed to be the same size as what she already has.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This coming from a woman...

Don't do it.

If you really feel the need, get a gift card You can't guarantee a good or comfortable fit, even if you buy something that is supposed to be the same size as what she already has.
If I get her a gift card, she will use the money to buy several things. She will not spend the money on 1 pair of shoes. She was raised in a pretty poor home where they never bought anything of quality. I am trying to convince her that there is a difference. I figure if I buy a pair of shoes, and the fit is not right, we can take them back an I can probably convince her to exchange them for shoes that have a proper fit. She was also raised in a house where it was considered rude to simply return a gift for a refund if it was not something you would have bought. Exchanging for the proper size is ok in her mind.
I realize there is a risk to this, but I would like to try it.

·
Banned
12,633 Posts
Gift card to a shoe store if you can find one

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I think you should buy her any expensive pair of shoes (maybe not heels - some Danskos or something - and I had to ask my wife what they are - I know that all the people I see in the medical field either wear Dansko's or sneakers). Give them to her, explain your position, and then go together with her to exchange them for a pair she likes. You show that you are willing to take the time and interest, and that you are willing to take a risk - win-win. Good for you that you have that good of a relationship with your wife.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you should buy her any expensive pair of shoes (maybe not heels - some Danskos or something - and I had to ask my wife what they are - I know that all the people I see in the medical field either wear Dansko's or sneakers). Give them to her, explain your position, and then go together with her to exchange them for a pair she likes. You show that you are willing to take the time and interest, and that you are willing to take a risk - win-win. Good for you that you have that good of a relationship with your wife.
Thanks for the response. Danskos are not really the style I am going for here. She has some comfortable shoes for casual wear. What she is lacking is a pair of heals that she can wear for a night out or an important meeting. When the situation calls for something more formal, she likes the style of heals but she is in constant discomfort because she will not buy a quality pair.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
Price range?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
In the $150-200 range, your wife might like a shoe made by Via Spiga, they are sold by Nordstrom.

If you give me a range, I can better advise you.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Go to Nordstom, try them on and come home and order them off of Zappos. Save over retail + tax.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If I get her a gift card, she will use the money to buy several things. She will not spend the money on 1 pair of shoes. She was raised in a pretty poor home where they never bought anything of quality. I am trying to convince her that there is a difference. I figure if I buy a pair of shoes, and the fit is not right, we can take them back an I can probably convince her to exchange them for shoes that have a proper fit. She was also raised in a house where it was considered rude to simply return a gift for a refund if it was not something you would have bought. Exchanging for the proper size is ok in her mind.
I realize there is a risk to this, but I would like to try it.
I didn't know that Nordstrom wasn't a "shoes only" store.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the $150-200 range, your wife might like a shoe made by Via Spiga, they are sold by Nordstrom.

If you give me a range, I can better advise you.
I was thinking between $200 and $300, which is what I usually spend on a nice pair of dress shoes for myself. Money is not the greatest consideration. I am more concerned with quality and comfort.

Thanks!

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
Ok.

I personally love shoes made by Chanel, but they are on the pricey side. I've owned a few pair and they last FOREVER and are super comfortable.

Incidentally, Rockport gets great marks for a super comfy heel.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Rockport gets great marks for a super comfy heel.
As do Clarks. I wear them daily. I probably have 15 pair. I'm sure his wife is younger than I am however with most likely, younger tastes.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
I've heard good things about Clarks too.

And Zonny, age has nothing to do with being stylish. I've seen pics of you and know you look sharp at all times :hearts:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts