GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Director of civil unrest
8,594 Posts
100%

You see, someone that loves America, that's a patriot btw, would say something along the lines of "States rights above federal rights" or something along those lines but not the OP, no matter what the POTUS does, the OP will do everything possible to find a "news source" that will point out his failure. Next week, if the POTUS signed an executive order pushing for nationwide CCW reciprocity, the OP would be screeching "STATES RIGHTS, STATES RIGHTS!!".

·
Registered
291 Posts
How is he not banned. This is the only forum I have ever been on that would allow someone to openly troll like this.
It's also the only gun forum with a relatively high number of active leftists, something I simply can't understand. How can you support a party that wants to end the activity/ideal (gun ownership) you're on a forum sharing?

Larry

·
Director of civil unrest
8,594 Posts
It's also the only gun forum with a relatively high number of active leftists, something I simply can't understand. How can you support a party that wants to end the activity/ideal (gun ownership) you're on a forum sharing?

Larry
And if you post a picture of Catherine Bach in her Duke's of Hazzard garb, you'll get a warning for sexually explicate photos.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Why is it only the democrat governors complain when the federal government doesn't do their thinking for them in a time of crisis?

And it's not just their governors, Obama and the democrats complained that after they got Obamacare made into law, that the Republicans refused to show them how to make it actually work. From the day it was passed, even until today, they're always complaining the Republicans should "fix" it for them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The top of the dung heap cools down first while the bottom is still hot. So does that mean the stink is only at the bottom.
Pres. pushes to govs. pushes to locals who fear community push back! It's ALL politics by POLITICIANS! There are no outsiders in politics! Power is politics is power!

·
Making America great again!
16,213 Posts
How is he not banned. This is the only forum I have ever been on that would allow someone to openly troll like this.
30 replies and not one comeback from KOB. Leftists can never defend their arguments. And let's not forget, the original material for this thread was from Vanity Fair.

Reactions: Csv and Lethaltxn

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
Vanity Fair.
An interesting magazine. This am, I looked up the US editor, the Conde site which discusses each of the national issues of the magazine, the demographics of the purported readers.

Just like there is a web link between right wing conspiracy theory "news services", Vanity Fair and its nominal chief executives belong to another faction which is high paid females. So when you see the backgrounds include The New Yorker Magazine, The New York Times and similar publications in their bios, you aren't surprised.

And most of their subscribers are uncritical thinkers (just like people who seize upon "news" from conspiracy web sites), and simply parrot what is written.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Has anyone EVER heard or seen a "plan" from the TDS leftist people about how they would have handled things?? I don't think I have.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Yes, trolls are annoying, but I actually appreciate a lot of the "trolls". They bring a different angle to the "news" than the standard right-conservative take on things.

Sure, when internet trolls get to the point of really interfering with a forum, they should be "modded". But until then, try to respond with intelligent arguments to shut them up - or, maybe have a civilized political debate with them.

(lol, yea, yea I just reread that... "civilized"... well it is pipe dream....)

Reactions: Lethaltxn

·
Registered
745 Posts
From Vanity Fair: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/jared-kushner-bob-woodward-doctors

" "Kushner...described for Woodward the political calculations for the president— instead of coming up with a federal plan to tackle the virus, Trump put that responsibility on governors. In his April 18 interview, Kushner described how he believed Trump had set himself up to reap the political benefits of a successful containment of the virus while ensuring that state governors, and not the president, would be blamed for any failure to stop the spread."

”The states have to own the testing,” Kushner said. “The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It’s got to be up to the governors, because that’s the way the federalist system works.”

He went on: “But the president also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?”
"

Total lack of leadership from the Federal government. I have to begrudgingly admit it was a deviously smart political move to push responsibility to the states though for making the rules.

Is there an acronym for hating Kushner yet?
Vanity Fair gets quoted on a firearms enthusiast forum.

Some triggered leftist really doesn't have a sense of irony.

I feel bad for someone so full of hate and void of intellect...

DU infiltrator is triggered...
1b8nc8.jpg

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
30 replies and not one comeback from KOB. Leftists can never defend their arguments. And let's not forget, the original material for this thread was from Vanity Fair.
Trump has royally screwed up the COVID response in the US. I love how his supporters jump through hoops to defend this - even to the point of going to super spreader MAGA rallies.

·
Registered
18,133 Posts
Trump has royally screwed up the COVID response in the US. I love how his supporters jump through hoops to defend this - even to the point of going to super spreader MAGA rallies.
As opposed to your hero Biden that stayed hidden in his basement. As a presidential candidate what was his proposal?

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
What is your plan that would have prevented the china virus from, well, leaving China?

President Trump instituted travel bans to and from China way back in January... and he was excoriated by the dems for it. Pelosi and Schumer actually ENCOURAGED people to go out into the cities in unprotected groups - speaking of people who "killed" people.

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
How? And what should have been done differently?

·
Unmasked
4,383 Posts
From Vanity Fair: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/jared-kushner-bob-woodward-doctors

" "Kushner...described for Woodward the political calculations for the president— instead of coming up with a federal plan to tackle the virus, Trump put that responsibility on governors. In his April 18 interview, Kushner described how he believed Trump had set himself up to reap the political benefits of a successful containment of the virus while ensuring that state governors, and not the president, would be blamed for any failure to stop the spread."

”The states have to own the testing,” Kushner said. “The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It’s got to be up to the governors, because that’s the way the federalist system works.”

He went on: “But the president also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?”
"

Total lack of leadership from the Federal government. I have to begrudgingly admit it was a deviously smart political move to push responsibility to the states though for making the rules.

Is there an acronym for hating Kushner yet?
Vanity Fair is fake news.

Try harder.

Reactions: Lethaltxn
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.