GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Vanity Fair: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/jared-kushner-bob-woodward-doctors

" "Kushner...described for Woodward the political calculations for the president— instead of coming up with a federal plan to tackle the virus, Trump put that responsibility on governors. In his April 18 interview, Kushner described how he believed Trump had set himself up to reap the political benefits of a successful containment of the virus while ensuring that state governors, and not the president, would be blamed for any failure to stop the spread."

”The states have to own the testing,” Kushner said. “The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It’s got to be up to the governors, because that’s the way the federalist system works.”

He went on: “But the president also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?”
"

Total lack of leadership from the Federal government. I have to begrudgingly admit it was a deviously smart political move to push responsibility to the states though for making the rules.

Is there an acronym for hating Kushner yet?

·
G22 4 Me
2,165 Posts
Trump is a business man, and wants businesses to open as soon as they can. Other politicians, especially lifelong politicians, want to cover their ass so that they can't be blamed for too many deaths. They all did it, so if their economies crash, they can just say, "Everyone was doing it."

It's the ultimate CYA move, reduce responsibility for deaths (except you, Cuomo) and pass the buck on the economic headwinds by using the herd mentality.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Well, he's not wrong. The President has no authority to dictate lockdowns or mask mandates on a national level. And anyone who thinks Cuomo or Newsome or Murphy or Pritzker or any other Democrat governor would have followed a Trump COVID response plan is just delusional. They would have found some "expert" to claim Trump's plan was terrible and then done the exact opposite.

·
Previously nutsnax
684 Posts
From Vanity Fair: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/jared-kushner-bob-woodward-doctors

" "Kushner...described for Woodward the political calculations for the president— instead of coming up with a federal plan to tackle the virus, Trump put that responsibility on governors. In his April 18 interview, Kushner described how he believed Trump had set himself up to reap the political benefits of a successful containment of the virus while ensuring that state governors, and not the president, would be blamed for any failure to stop the spread."

”The states have to own the testing,” Kushner said. “The federal government should not own the testing. And the federal government should not own kind of the rules. It’s got to be up to the governors, because that’s the way the federalist system works.”

He went on: “But the president also is very smart politically with the way he did that fight with the governors to basically say, no, no, no, no, I own the opening. Because again, the opening is going to be very popular. People want this country open. But if it opens in the wrong way, the question will be, did the governors follow the guidelines we set out or not?”
"

Total lack of leadership from the Federal government. I have to begrudgingly admit it was a deviously smart political move to push responsibility to the states though for making the rules.

Wait a minute......... You WANT the horrendously corrupt federal/globalist deep state leviathan to handle pandemic response???

Instead of a response that makes democrat governors look like complete buffoons and tyrants?

·
Registered
19,607 Posts
Oh, the whole "lack of federal response" is just BS, anyway. The Trump administration did plenty in response. Even St. Fauci said Trump's response saved tens of thousands of lives.
Cuomo and Newsome were touting how great Trump was doing. They said they got everything they needed. Then as it got closer to the election the knives came out.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts

1. No there is not an acronym for hating Mr. Kushner. You will have to make one up. And, if you follow the site rules, the posting will be allowed.

2. There was no smart political move.
Long before you were born, that has been a division of responsibility for delivery of medical services.
I am not arguing. Your county or parish has a public health service. It has subdivisions like mosquito control districts. That entity makes up the rules locally for dealing with epidemics. Does the hospital admit epidemic victims or does it exclude them. The public health people are responsible for food inspections and the list goes on. In the year 2007, there was a pending epidemic. The plan is Los Angeles was to close hospital admissions to epidemic victims and house them in tents like during WW1, when my grandfather died of the Spanish flu. Normal hospital admissions and treatments were approved. This time around, normal admissions, surgeries, exams were to be denied unless a person was bleeding out or an epidemic victim. It isn't that Kaiser made the decision or Cedars Sinai. The local government made the decision.

California has a Dept. of Public Health. It was not invented this year.
The essential functions of the Department are critical to the health and wellbeing of people and communities. CDPH's fundamental responsibilities are comprehensive in scope and include infectious disease control and prevention, food safety, environmental health, laboratory services, patient safety, emergency preparedness, chronic disease prevention and health promotion, family health, health equity and vital records and statistics.

CDPH's key activities and services include protecting people in California from the threat of preventable infectious diseases like Zika virus, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and viral hepatitis, and providing reliable and accurate public health laboratory services and information about health threats.

Other critical services include providing nutritional support to low-income women, infants and children, and screening newborns and pregnant women for genetic diseases. CDPH also works to ensure the safety of food and bottled water, helps reduce smoking and its impacts and works to prevent chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, asthma and obesity.

The Department also protects patient safety in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities, maintains birth and death certificates and prepares for, and responds to public health emergencies.

3. It would be very interesting for you to describe what leadership you think that a national president would have done.
When you present that list, you should understand that there are 300,000 PRC nationals studying at US junior colleges, colleges and universities. If they had gone home after finals in December 2019 and come back to the US for the start of classes in January 2020, some will have brought the epidemic as it was detected by early December 2019 in China.
You should understand that a South Korean airline stewardess had infected people in Los Angeles at the airport before it was detected and South Korea closed flights.
If you think that a vaccine could have been produced and distributed within a few weeks, then post that thought.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Cuomo and Newsome were touting how great Trump was doing. They said they got everything they needed. Then as it got closer to the election the knives came out.
Democrat politicians are incapable of running or managing any thing with real objective results.
So when Coumo condemns tens of thousands of elderly to fie in homes. It is Trumps fault. Even though Trump expedited building covid facilities and deploy US Navy Hospital ship to NY.. Cuomo never sent elderly to those facilities.

Note the Navy hospital ship was ment to handle non covid patients to free up land facilities for covid patients and not contaminate the ship.
Of course Cuomo sent some covid positive patients to the ship. But not elderly.

This will not be reported in the likes of vanity fair.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Russia investigation and Impeachment fiasco were political moves that distracted the US government from protecting its citizens in advance of the virus.

Then data on the virus was incorrectly reported and incorrectly interpreted to scare the population from a great economy, all with the hope of diminishing DJT accomplishments.

The Clear and Present Danger, in reality, came from entrenched DC officials, elected and unelected, rather from foreign forces.

·
Registered
284 Posts

"

So Federalism is a 'deviously smart move', huh? I imagine Franklin, Jefferson and Washington would agree; that's why we're NOT a 'democracy', and why our individual units of government are called 'states' rather than provinces or regions. Good on you for understanding that!

Larry

·
Registered
805 Posts

"

I’m not that old, but I know that in the “old days” if you developed a communicable disease i.e. ChiCom flu, TB, etc. YOU WERE QUARANTINED! Never mind a federal response! You’re sick, you're under house arrest. Simple, really. I don’t know why this wasn’t done, but that would be far preferable to the entire US being under house arrest for months as has been done.
And despite KOB's blaming of President Trump, I still blame China.

IMHO

Ed

·
10mm Philosopher
6,078 Posts
He's an originalist, like Scalia.

He understands federalism and how a federalist republic of sovereign states is supposed to work in a national crisis. The President should work with and through the Chief Executives of the 50 states.

Our's is NOT a Top--->Down system, ... despite the typical approach of Leftists for a mandatory one-size-fits-all-as-dictated-by-Washington' response to every crisis.

That's how you end up with things like Cuomo's nursing home fiasco ... multiple by fifty. :upeyes:

·
10mm Philosopher
6,078 Posts
Cuomo isn't alone in killing thousands of his own citizens.

Well, there's that fat crazy dude in North Korea.

:animlol:

Reactions: jcm3

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Lol!
These left wingers are nuts.
They spent 4 years biting their nails and telling us Trump was a fascist dictator and did everything they could to get rid of him.
Now they’re complaining that he didn’t act like a dictator.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.