close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LabRadar Review: Your gonna love this unit!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Kwesi, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Kwesi

Kwesi

My first attempt was a total failure with reading all over the charts. I packed up and headed home assuming it was of course operator error (me). A call to the LabRadar folks put me in touch with Richard. After a few questions to make sure I had the settings correct (I did) he asked what distance the target was at (pistol). When I said 7 yards he said that was my problem. Tip #1: you need a minimum distance to target of 15 yards. He said 25 was even better. Tip #2: low power setting out to 50 yards. Tip #3: in setting you have the choice of choosing between 5 yardages. Just remember to make all greater than the prior with the max obviously at the distance your target is at. Tip #4: the pistol muzzle has a generous area to position it within. Ok to be 6-12" to the side of the unit and even 3-4" behind or in front.

So today I went back to the range and used the 25' bay. Set up is relatively easy. I tested 24 different strings firing over 225 rounds with 100% success! I love this chronograph. Temp was about 70* and cloudy.

I'll post some of the data as soon as I download it. Most of the rounds were 10mm with some surprising data.

Best of all my regular tripod worked perfectly without extending the legs. Photobucket is having issues so I will post a pic later.

SBray likes this.
  2. SBray

SBray

Does it have a user friendly interface?

Steve

3. Kwesi

Kwesi

Absolutely! I read the manual online a few times before it arrived. I think the manual could have been more detailed at times but no problems.

4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Congrats, very jealous indeed.

5. batman4706

batman4706

Their customer service is excellent, when I email a question I've always heard back within a few hours.

It's nice to be able to chrono when there is no sun for sun screens, I've watched people with regular chronographs pack up and go home while I just keep on trucking.

6. Star7

Star7

The manual could be better but after fumbling I understood what they were saying, I just didn't pay enough attention. I truly wish they had a alpha key pad like a cell phone so that you could put a little descriptor on the files. As it is, I do not want to take a laptop to the range so I sit down at the home pc and upload to excel each of the files from the sd card and embellish. I would like to leave the notepad at home! I would also like a temp recording...only time and date are written on the files now. Great unit otherwise. I have owned three other brands and this one got em beat.