NRA & Second Amendment Life Member
1,586 Posts
It’s a real nice piece of equipment!
Thanks for the update!
Steve

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
They are getting closer, now incorporate some of the extras in the base unit and I might even buy one.

I was actually on the wait list after they had them at the SHOT show but when it took them more than a year of pushing dates back before they started to trickle out, I decided to hold off for awhile but I also already have other chronographs that meet my needs too.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are getting closer, now incorporate some of the extras in the base unit and I might even buy one.

I was actually on the wait list after they had them at the SHOT show but when it took them more than a year of pushing dates back before they started to trickle out, I decided to hold off for awhile but I also already have other chronographs that meet my needs too.

Same here, I was waiting for over a year as well. That is usually no good sign, but in this case they really delivered quality.

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
I need to take another look at Labradar :)

The early units may have been superior in terms of accuracy but functionality seemed clunky, especially if testing a large number of strings.

CE's inexpensive unit paired with a BT adapter and phone app is as slick as it gets; enter loads in phone, shoot string, export results via email in spreadsheet format.

I have to believe LR has that capability, just that it hadn't been developed last time I looked.

·
Registered
13,749 Posts
I have read write ups on the unit, and it looks to be a very good chrono.
That said, its just too much money for something I would use once a month. I had my Chrony out today, testing .38 special cast bullet loads. It gets the job done and it cost 25% of what this unit retails for. I'd rather spend the other $400 on components.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
That said, its just too much money for something I would use once a month. I had my Chrony out today, testing .38 special cast bullet loads. It gets the job done and it cost 25% of what this unit retails for.
I understand this mentality but I have blown more money on fireworks that only last and hour or so. It’s different strokes for different folks.

Out of all the chronographs I have I use the shootingchrony I bought for $20 new, the most (because it stays in my truck). A cell phone with video capability, old head phone plug and momentary push button makes it as use full as most any other chronograph. Except the Pact XP, it’s pretty neat with the library and all of the ballistic calculators and such but you can use it with data gathered elsewhere.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDToNDyiGQI

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
If you don't have access to a semi-private range, the Labradar is awesome! One of the members at the LGS/Indoor Range where I worked had one. He offered employees the chance to test carry loads.

Nothing is set up downrange. He had a camera tripod mounted behind the firing line. That's it. Indoor lighting? No issues that I saw. Put the muzzle next to the unit and begin. Super easy and the data offered was very cool. It measured velocity at the muzzle and in yard increments. Power factor? You bet.

If I ever get back into reloading, a Labradar will be part of the investment.

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
Too bad the OP flounced

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
OK, I think I know what flounced means, I am just a little unsure how it applies to the OP's post?
Since he owns one, was hoping he'd further the discussion.

·
Ban Hamster
5,752 Posts
OP stated he was done with GT.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
OP stated he was done with GT.
I didn't know that, I always knew he was smarter than I was. :)

I have been contemplating the very same thing. The posting of the fake video (like 5 times and counting) of the ND in the gun shop is about to push me out the door. 5 page threads analyzing how something that never happened, could have happened. Jeez.

It just makes me so angry, when I realize I actually have things to do and I am wasting my time reading this stuff. :0

PS - Looking up what Flounced means is one of the many on my to-do list. ;)

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
PS - Looking up what Flounced means is one of the many on my to-do list. ;)
I'll do it for you
flounce
flouns/
verb
past tense: flounced; past participle: flounced
  1. go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner.
    "he stood up in a fury and flounced out"
    synonyms: storm, stride angrily, sweep, stomp, stamp, march, strut
    "she flounced off to her room"
    • move with exaggerated motions.
      "she flounced around, playing the tart and flirting"
Alas, this thread is also starting to drift. Why can't I stay on topic?

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
I want one. Price is right!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts