close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

LabRadar Chronograph: Best Price?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Kwesi, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Kwesi

Kwesi

The mini pixi tripod was not tall enough for the bench height. I'm 6' 1" and had to crouch too low. Although a taller chair may have worked fine. I think it would be great if shooting prone. BTW: my first outing was a total failure BUT after speaking with Richard @LabRadar he corrected what I was doing wrong & shared some tips. As soon as I get back to the range & confirm, I post a range report along with his tips.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Well, you will figure out the tripod. When you mentioned Manfratto I didn't post what I was thinking, which was "I hope he has better luck with that mini than I had with my full sized". My full sized Manfratto is just that now, full length, with every joint duct taped to a fixed height (basically bench height for an outdoor range). Almost every single adjustor joint has broken along the way. The good news is setup is quite quick as there is no height adjustment anymore! ;)

Might be a while before I get a LabRadar, it is going to be a time before I have absorbed the medical bills for my poor pooch that is now at home, basically in hospice style care. :(

3. Kwesi

Kwesi

WeeWilly: the shortest my tripod setup (most secure) worked perfectly:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

5. noylj

noylj

Can't you just put the tripod on the ground? It's radar, not line of sight with the bore.

6. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

from reading the instructions, they recommend the muzzle of the firearm is centered and a few inches away from the unit to trigger the radar.

7. Kwesi

Kwesi

Yes you can but the higher you go the less stable.

8. Kwesi

Kwesi

Correct but read my "tips above". That advice is from Richard at LR. I followed his advice & it was flawless!