Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LMAO, yeah I'm taking this with a grain of sand.

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/06/10/3786420/los-angeles-to-go-renewable/
Isn't this half the reason it's so expensive to live in that damn place? I can't imagine any of this is cheap; despite their claims of saving money.

I love how Liberals whine and moan about the Right using special interests to their advantage, when the Sierra Club is all over the political landscape in SoCal. And they openly brag about being on the city councils to effect change.

I wonder if the Sierra Club is full of the same idiots that block drilling ships from going to sea?

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
The math they likely use is ignoring the tax payers subsidized 100% of the initial cost. But now our utilities bills are 30% less, we are saving 30%!!

They leave out the fact they invested millions and millions of dollars with a 10 year ROI. Then you find out the service life of the upgrades is 9 years, but in the real world your lucky to get 5. That's liberal math.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
So they're going to buy "green energy" from out of state, at inflated prices, with the deficit of that energy sales being made up with coal powerplants. Overall, no change in how "green" the electricity is produced in the southwest states, but LA will just buy the "green" fraction and pretend they are changing the world.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,544 Posts
Too bad they aren't talking about brains.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,422 Posts
I thought the title meant, every time someone in LA dies or moves out of the city, someone from Mexico sneaks across the border and replaces them. . . .

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,849 Posts
The Big One will renew Cali.

·
Registered
15,409 Posts
The whole country is like that, you don't have to do anything real, just find a reasonable sounding way to claim that you did.

I'm a virgin, really, it's been more than three days.

It was on sale, I saved money.

Do it for the children. It won't make any difference but it looks good on my resume.

It gets ten miles per gallon more than my old car, I'm saving money. Except for the $800 car payment and 100% increase in insurance premiums.

·
Registered
20,922 Posts
I was thinking Soylent Green.

·
BLR
7,414 Posts
Their water resources certainly aren't renewable. Most of their water comes from somewhere else, ie The Colorado River.

I lived in Southern California when I was younger and loved it there. But it is simply so overgrown now it's lost any charm it may have ever had.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts