close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

KYImports lacks business integrity

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by McGee23, Jul 30, 2002.

1. McGee23

McGee23

I am upset with KYImports. In their specials page on their site they have Sig 239's in 40 S&W NIB at a great price of $429.99 or $489.99 with night sights. So I write them to let them know that I would like to know if they might have two with consecutive numbers and if so I'd like to buy them. They write back saying yes but the price is $529.99. I recite their specials page and ask if this is not their advertised price. The response I get from Paul Pierce of KYImports is "Prices and Specifications are subject to change without notice. (from page 1 of the website)".

Now I understand that statement but it has been on that specials page for at least over a week now and maybe longer, I don't know. He didn't say it was a misprint or anything of the sort, just that they changed the price. I have given them some hours now to respond back to my reply for a chance to make it right or offer me some kind of apology or even update their site. At the time of this writing I have received no response nor has there been any update to their web page. In addition, how many of use have pointed out the obvious misprint under their Sig listing for a 51.99 239 in 9mm and how eager have they been to correct it?

I'm really mad at this obvious lack of a business ethic and their continued practice of it. It's no different than a car dealer putting an advertisement in the paper for a $15,000 for a Mustang GT and then saying they changed the price to $20,000 when you get there (I don't really know what they go for). Now they would be sued! It's not just a lie but deceitful with no intention of correction. I have no want to give my money to this type of place. I wished them luck as they may need it with their practices. I've been wronged. Draw your own conclusions but I'm starting my own personal boycott. I just want to share my experience and hope it doesn't happen to others. Here's a link to that page. I hope the owner, be it Paul Pierce or another, reads this.

http://www.kyimports.com/specials.htm :(

2. Confederate

Confederate

I also have had a problem with KYimports, VERY rude people working phones, no nothing about what they are selling, I will never do business with them again.:(

3. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

i've seen alot of unhappy campers with ky. spread the word and do business elsewhere.;)

4. McGee23

McGee23

I've just filed with the Better Business Buraeu and also listed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. I don't know if it will do any good but maybe it will. If anything ever becomes of it I'll let you all know.

5. 19er

19er Millennium Member

Same here. I wanted to by a Glock from them last year and when I emailed to place the order, the price turned out to be about $75 more than what was listed online.

6. Westicle

Westicle Canadian... Eh

they named it KY for a reason.... it still hurts but glides in smoothly

7. Dr Heckel

Dr Heckel

I picked up a used high cap for my 229 from them. It arrived in a reasonable period of time. I wasnt aware though that rusting metal falls under very good condition. I was able to clean it up but doubt Ill do any future business with them.

8. mass_resident

mass_resident

In general I would avoid sueing or filing complaints on gunshops. If you don't like them, just shop somewhere else.
    I also had negative experiences with KY Imports. I am from Massachusetts, so I can't buy new Glocks. So I called them about a year ago and asked them about those used ones they have on their webpage.
    They had none of them, but the lady kept pushing me to buy a new Glock. After I informed her that I am from MA, and can't buy new Glocks, she rudely informed me that KY Imports does not do business with Massachusetts.
    I was a bit frustrated, but then again I don't want to spend my money where I am not welcome.