close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KY Imports Glock 19 pistols... Second Generation?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by obxemt, Sep 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I've decided I want a second genereation Glock 19 and was wondering if anyone knew if all of the Glock 19s they have are third generation. I realize the pictures on the website all show finger grooves, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I sent them an e-mail to inquire which was booted back as spam, so I sent a request for them to unblock me via their provider but I may just have to call them next week.

I did a search in this section under "imports" and feedback seemed decent but didn't specifically address my question. Of course if anyone has newer experiences with KY and would care to post them, I'd like to hear.

Thanks!

2. KHAviator

KHAviator

Does not matter what they shipped me in the past it's what they ship you. Call and ask they are nice folks and I've always been extremelly happy with them.

3. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

You need to call them. Beware, KY has a shady past and has screwed alot of people. They often exaggerate condition.

4. steve1911

steve1911

I got 92fs beretta from ky they said it was in 96% conditions
    they were wrong it needed refinished. new springs .

5. John Dorsey

John Dorsey John Dorsey

I bought a 92FS with night sights new in the box. Unfortunately, they failed to mention the night sights were 7 years old. Still new, but old. Dimmer than my other Beretta 92 with 2 year old NS. Both brands Trijicon.

Talked to two different reps at KY Inports about it, thinking they would do something to make it right on future orders (I was working for a FFL dealer then). I asked them if it would not be reasonable and prudent to list the date of the night sights on their new Berettas listed in their catalogs on future printings. One of them laughed, the other said he understood. I asked if I could return it for another newer one but he said they didn't stock any others that were any newer (referring to night sights of course). Asked him if I could return for refund, he said sure of course, minus the 15% restocking fee.

The purchasing of NS this old on normal purchases just do not happen. I worked at the dealer I worked for for 3 years and this was the only problem we ever had regaurding NS so dated on a 'NEW' listed firearm.

I thanked the KY rep for his time and never called KY back again for anything. Never recommended them to any customers at the shop. Threw their catalogs out as soon as they came in. I still tell everyone this story when I get the chance. To heck with them. As always, buyer beware.