KY Deputy wounded by gunfire during traffic stop

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Dukeboy01, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

2. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Sounds like Pigg attempted to use walking to the door as a ruse to get Deputy Crutcher closer, to shoot him better. Glad the Deputy prevailed!

Prayers to Deputy Crutcher for a full recovery. Summer is here. Take your time recovering.

Cochese likes this.

3. texmex

texmex

Good work. Probably preventing a barricaded subject situation with the possibility someone else would be injured. Thoughts and prayers for a full and complete recovery. Mentally and physically.

Cochese likes this.
  4. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

I saw the news alert yesterday while at work, and got in touch with Dukeboy. He gave me the good news, as the headline I'd read said the coroner was headed to the scene. I am on our FOP's Memorial Committee, and go to LODD funerals within a certain radius. When I read the news, especially the bit about the coroner, I immediately thought I was going to be prepping for another one.

Fortunately, the bad guy is the one that the coroner was needed for, and the news reported last night that the deputy was treated and released for a gunshot wound in the abdomen. I don't know anything for sure, but it sounds like he may have been grazed. In any case, being treated and released that quickly for a gunshot is a good thing.

5. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

The 11 o'clock newscast had some interviews with friends and neighbors of the deceased. They got his brother- in- law and one of his neighbors to go on camera. Neither of them seemed all that upset that Pigg got smoked. (Heh. Wish they had released the suspect's name at the time I started this thread. Lotta TBOesque thread title possibilities there.) Looks like the people who knew him best figure he needed killing one way or another.

So, all's well that ends well and the world is a slightly better place.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Re...ffs-deputy-injured-in-shooting-381545591.html

6. ottomatic

ottomatic

According to the news, the deputy was not wearing a vest. :brickwall: