close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ktm 640 adventure

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by JohnG, Jul 31, 2006.

1. JohnG

JohnG Millennium Member

I was at my local ktm dealer over the weekend, and I'm thinking about buying a 640 adventure (duel sport). Does anyone know anything about this bike?

thanks
    John

2. WellArmedSheep

WellArmedSheep NRA Member

Most of the stuff I've read about KTM's has been positive, but I'm surprised anyone actually has a local KTM dealer. I don't know of a single KTM dealer ANYWHERE.:frown:

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The 640 ADV is very well sought after and very scarce. Not too many people know about them and not too many available in the US. A well established KTM dealership may get ONE allotment and that's it.

It's a lot lighter than the 950 ADV, alas it's also a lot taller (37" inseam). Down on power for highway cruising. With a regular guy and cargo, it would be hard pressed to hit 75-MPH. So if you plan on riding the interstates to get to where you're going to do some adventure riding then beware of the lack in passing power or bucking headwind not to mention at top RPM the thumper will vibrate like crazy. If you don't plan on riding the interstates then it's cool.

[​IMG]

4. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

KTMs are awesome bikes plain and simple. That being said, depending on how much time you plan on spending off road the Husqvarna TE 610
    might make more sense.

[​IMG]