close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kriss Super V

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by NVMYGlock, Feb 28, 2010.

1. NVMYGlock

NVMYGlock

Saw the Kriss Super V .45 ACP firearm on the cover of a gun magazine. Article inside said this thing may be unsightly, but gets high marks for innovation. Anyone ever handle one or fire one or see one in person? Looks kind of interesting.

2. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

The entire purpose of the Kriss Super V is to be able to fire .45 auto fully automatic with a high degree of control. When you think of this as a civilian gun, it becomes a semi-automatic pistol caliber rifle with an overly complicated mechanism. A lot of the individual user reports I've read about them say that reliability is iffy. Personally, I'd rather have an HK USC/UMP conversion, or even a Beretta CX4.

3. NVMYGlock

NVMYGlock

Yeah, civilian wise would probably be pointless. I had just never heard of it or seen it. Maybe I 'll get to see it on Lock N' Load one day :).

4. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

I looked one over at a gunshow several months ago. Although I can appreciate the forward thinking in terms of the mechanics involved, this thing is FAR to large and heavy for a pistol caliber semi-auto. Obviously it was designed for full auto and from what I've seen, it looks very controllable. I've never had much use for any semi-auto version of a sub-machine gun.

5. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I know someone who bought one and can't for the life of him sell it anywhere remotely close to what he paid for it. I offered him $1,500.00 for it but he hasn't accepted it...yet. :supergrin:

6. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

I saw it in national rifleman magazine, and I didn't see the purpose.

7. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

8. Swamprattler

Swamprattler

I thought seriously about buying one of these for several reasons, but haven't yet made up my mind. I don't really understand the critical comments about it being a semiautomatic, as most civilian AR's are in the same mode. As a home defense gun; it is compact, has a folding stock, when fired it is not as loud as a 556 round, and can be combined with a Glock 21 or 21sf and use the same magazines. I have heard the arguments about the 556 round being superior inside a home because of penetration issues with a 45 round, but not sure if this is crucial for my needs. It is one ugly gun in my opinion, but that has never stopped me from buying glocks or j-frames. Just some thoughts.

9. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

I don't get it even for full auto. The Thompson fires .45 ACP in full auto. It was accurate and controllable enough to lay waste to Chicago AND help win a World War. I've rented and fired one and they're pretty easy to control as long as you keep the bursts quick and don't "rock and roll" (like any full auto).

Are today's "operators" less capable of handling a .45 SMG on full auto than the ones of 1944?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  10. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

Personally, I think the whole operating principle of the Kriss is a hoax.

hog

11. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

There was a big puff piece on the Kriss on Future Weapons. Search youtube and you can find the episode. That show never really "reviewed" weapons. Everything on that show was touted to be the latest and greatest thing that would revolutionize warfare. There was nothing negative ever said about it. I always wondered how the Kriss would perform if put to stress tests and how prone to breakage their complex recoil management system would be.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  12. Swamprattler

Swamprattler

I forgot to add one important consideration to my issue on whether or not to buy one. The price of the Kriss is, I think, on the high side, considering I could get a LMT AR (Direct Impingement Gas System) for the same price. The LMT is quality built, and good looking firearm, and proven. But, having said that, the Kriss still holds some appeal for me.

13. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

I agree with others who say it's an ugly over complecated design.

It's pointless for civilians because it was meant for full auto.

14. BEER

BEER bad example

i don't like the shorter version but the rifle length looks pretty hardcore, it looks like it'd be right at home on the set of battlestar galactica or something.

[​IMG]

15. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

What happened to those hi-cap Glock 21 mags that it was supposed to use? The last I heard they were junk. That alone could make the platform not worth the price tag... at least for me.

16. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Personally, I'm not really a fan of pistol caliber carbines.
    Especially with that kind of price tag. If you're looking to spend some money then buy something with some power behind it. :p

Not saying anything bad about .45ACP though but in a carbine?
    Nah.

17. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member