close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kriss Mag Extension modded for G20 (how to vid)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Heartbreaker, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

Saw a how to on the Saiga 12 forums and decided to try it out myself, here's the vid - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4fMaGJS0g"]How to: Mod Kriss Magazine Extension for Glock 20 (32 Rounds) - YouTube[/ame]
    After a few adjustments it's worked 100%, fun stuff. Loading it is a pain but unloading it makes up for that

[​IMG]

2. harleytech

harleytech

Pretty Cool...! Thanks for the info and Video...

3. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  4. Ethereal Killer

Ethereal Killer

I'll add my experiences with this to the thread.

the main problem other than the spring width is getting the follower to make the transition from extension to mag body. it's NOT JUST THE FRONT OR REAR EDGES THAT CAN GET CAUGHT. it can also tilt to the side.

So, it's a wise idea to ease the angles of the donor mag all around not just the front edge. take off the corners in this area and make them all smooth. the new angle should go ALL THE WAY to the edge of the mag. you can ROUND it so you dont compromise the strength of the mag but it should not be square or flat anymore.

ALSO, the follower can tilt from side to side, so taking off the edges on the side/top as well as the front will help too.

Third, when narrowing the spring, take some time to tune it (read "bend by hand") back to straight so it's not all twisted. this will make it move a bit easier. you really do just need to narrow the top part of the mag that fits into the g20 mag body.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  5. thedave8

thedave8

where to get these extensions? I would guess I could use on my g20 with no mads?

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

thedave8, do a Google search for "KRISS MagEx" and you will find several sources. It may be listed as KRISS Super V MagEx G30, or the newer name KRISS Vector MagEx, or Magpul MagEx because it's manufactured in the USA by Magpul for KRISS USA. GlockWorld.com and Lone Wolf Dist. are just two of the suppliers that carry it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  7. Noots

Noots

Not to ask an obvious question but.....just how many extra rounds does this add?

8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

It adds 18 rounds to the 15-rnd G20 10mm mag (33 rounds total). I recommend an UpLULA™ mag loader to load the full capacity easily.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  9. thedave8

thedave8

sorry.......I meant 21 not 20...