Krebs ktr08 or speed load?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by shuck99, Feb 19, 2010.

1. shuck99

shuck99

Can't make my mind up to get the Krebs KTR-08 or spend more for the Speed loader model. Is Kreb's speed loader/ejector worth the extra money?

[​IMG]

For speed load model would have to add $200 for ar style stock and $265 for fore-end rail.

[​IMG]

2. schild

schild

[​IMG]
    I have two KTR-08's, I like them, a lot. That said, I've been to Marc Krebs shop several times(I live about 10 miles away), and I've handled one of Marc's speed load rifles, they are very nice, but my personal preference is the KTR-08.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010

3. c5367

c5367 Esq.

tagged.

I've been eyeballing a Krebs for awhile now.

4. batoncolle

batoncolle

I have the KTR-08, and although it is a one-of-a-kind rifle, when I take a training class I grab my Vector because it's lighter. So if I had to do it all over again, I would buy the Speed Load.

5. shuck99

shuck99

Thanks for the comments guys! Still mulling it over, it may come down to how much I am willing to spend and thats a tuffy for me.....$1,375 vs $1,795 or so....:shocked::faint:

6. schild

schild

Keep in mind that when you get old(er) the sights on the '08 are much easier to use with old(er) eyes than standard AK sights.

7. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Personally, I'm not a fan of quad rails on AK's. I do have one of my AK's set up with a MWI rail system, and have some time with the Samson rail also. While there are times when I like the rails, most of the time the extra weights is irritating.

I also think the M4 stocks are overrated, as the Warsaw length stock is about the right length already. The optics rail is nice though, and so are the upgraded sights. While the speed load model works as advertised, I like my training to transfer to other AK's I come across, so I probably wouldn't want it.

I also think that both of those AK's are longer than necessary. The 7.62x39mm is a very efficient cartridge out of shorter barrels, and Krebs offers models with the barrel cut down and the flash hider permanently attached. Personally, I would get one of those with the optics rail and upgraded sights. Simple, effective, and not overly expensive.

8. shuck99

shuck99

Well today I was looking around on gunbroker.com and to my surprise there was a NIB Arsenal slr 107ur up for auction so I bought it!:cool: Always wanted a Krink in 7.62x39. The krebs is going to have to wait for a while...wish I had more money, that krink cost me a pretty penny!:wow: Later this year or early next year I'll send it to Red Jacket Firearms to have it SBRed.

[​IMG]

9. Reswob

Reswob

You made the right choice. Those Krebs' are hideous.

10. schild

schild

:rofl::rofl::rofl::wavey:

11. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Nice find, and I love your SBR idea. That's exactly what I would do if SBR's were legal in this state. What I will do with my 107ur is to have a local smith open up the gas port, and then send it to Gemtech so they can cut and thread the barrel and pin on one of their Sandstorm suppressors. That meets the 16" minimum, and should be a bit quieter. I'd much prefer an SBR, but it's the best I can do here.