Krauthammer: Obama reveals his true self during final days in office

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by 4Rules, Jan 20, 2017.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

Obama leaves office as a relatively young man of 55. His next chapter could very well be as a leader on the international stage, perhaps at the U.N. (secretary-general?) or some transnational (ostensibly) human rights organization. What better demonstration of bona fides than a gratuitous attack on Israel? Or the about-face on Manning and WikiLeaks? Or the freeing of a still unrepentant Puerto Rican terrorist, Oscar Lopez Rivera, also pulled off with three days remaining in his presidency. A more likely explanation, however, is that these are acts not of calculation but of authenticity. This is Obama being Obama. He leaves office as he came in: a man of the left, but possessing the intelligence and discipline to suppress his more radical instincts. As of Nov. 9, 2016, suppression was no longer necessary. We’ve just gotten a glimpse of his real self. From now on, we shall see much more of it.
    http://www.pressherald.com/2017/01/20/krauthammer-obama-reveals-his-true-self-during-his-final-days-in-office/

2. JFrame

JFrame

I honestly thought Obama's true self was revealed at least a year before the 2008 election... o_O

I'm glad to see so many people finally coming around, however... :whistling:

3. ked

ked

exactly! it was plain to see, if you wanted to see.

4. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

The only time I ever believed Obama was being genuine at the podium was when he was quivering in anger after the House voted down all his AWB nonsense in 2013, furious that not only did his royal mandate be rejected, but that the peasants continued to keep their Constitutional rights despite his wishes. That was Obama's true self.

HammerG19, robhic, First shot and 5 others like this.
  5. Detectorist

Detectorist

No, they are not coming around. Obama has a large cadre of loyal voters and media hacks who think he walks on water.

6. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Krauthammer is a little slow on figuring this out, he was also slow to get on board the Trump train. It was pretty obvious from the start Obama was Muslim at heart (the name was a clue) trying to make Iran a nuclear power was another. I always had the feeling that Obama thought of himself as more a ruler than a president and would try to find a way to stay in power if he could. The fact that Hillary was running for entitled ruler of the country probably stopped him from hatching up some attempted power grab plan.

HammerG19 and happie2shoot like this.
  7. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    Zero will join the ranks of such as jesse jackson and al sharpton
    All things eventually reach their intrinsic value

DonGlock26 likes this.
  8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I would love to see Obama become Secretary General of the United Nations and then Trump promptly pull us out, defund it, and declare it a terrorist organization. :rofl:

Not going to happen, but it would make my day.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

JFrame, fx77, staylor and 1 other person like this.
  9. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I was gonna say that. Now, all the more reason to defund the UN if the boy-king ascended to rulership. :fist:

happyguy likes this.
  10. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

I thought the UN Secretary General couldn't come from a nation on the security counsel.

11. staylor

staylor ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I didn't know Kenya was on the SC.

robhic, HammerG19 and happyguy like this.