close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Komatsu D575 Super dozer

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Reyn, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Reyn

Reyn Times Up

I would love to get on this and just see what i could smash or what size tree i could push over.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj26KsRkFc0"]KOMATSU D575A DOZER VS PICK UP TRUCK & MOBILE HOME - YouTube[/ame]

2. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

That thing is a beast!

3. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

That's BIG:wow:
    I've ran a D9 a bit and they are plenty big but that monster is over 3 times as heavy:faint:

4. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

We need to put lots of machine like that to work in America. Even better would be if they were actually made in America themselves.

5. pgg00

pgg00

That poor old ford

6. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Just awesome!

There are some fun jobs out there. Super dozer driver has to be one of them.

7. RenoF250

RenoF250

8. Locojmc

Locojmc Native Texan

Wow, what an awesome piece of machinery.

9. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

The d575 is big but has limited use and is the reason why there are only about 20 ever built. Now, the Cat D11 is a awesome tractor. They are used in all kinds of applications.

I was in one the other week at work. A big and powerful machine.

Here is a cool feature that can be added.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lzaoDPRZ2Q&playnext=1&list=PLE9A8EA19ABBD340E"]Caterpillar Demo - YouTube[/ame]

10. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Wow...
    Remote control. That is extra-cool.

Question:
    Notice on that machine the sprocket or whatever it is where the track runs up and over the wheel up near the level of the cab?

Why is that? What purpose does it serve?
    Is that where the engine drive is applied to the track?
    Why is it done that way on that machine?
    I've noticed that some tracked heavy vehicles do that and others (like the Komatsu above) do not.

11. junior0000069

junior0000069

To come close to answering the best I can; that is the drive differential and as of right now Caterpillars are the only ones like that in America because of patent laws but the high tract is like that for more torque. Only the bigger cat dozers have it D6,7,8,9,10,11's. I think that is what I remember being told by an old tech at the cat dealership that I work at. And trust this video does not do that D11 justice I've seen one on time and It was one of the bigger if not biggest machine I've seen. Well a liebherr excavtor was pretty large.

12. RenoF250

RenoF250

Why would that add torque? I figure it was to get the hydraulic motor up higher so there would be more clearance under the machine. Also probably keeps it a little cleaner.

13. Reyn

Reyn Times Up

Here's a comparison between it and a D10 or 11.

[​IMG]

14. Reyn

Reyn Times Up

Worlds largest front end loader

[​IMG]

15. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

The reason for the high track is to move the final drive up off the ground where it takes abuse from shock, debris and the weight of the machine its supporting.
    The final is a torque multiplier because of its planetary gear sets. It is driven by a transmission and uses a differential system to steer so always is applying power to the tracks while turning.
    The engine drives a torque converter that also multiplies the torque that powers the trans.

The smaller dozers use hydraulic pumps and motors to power the tracks. The older used a trans with clutches and brakes.

16. junior0000069

junior0000069

Not sure bout how it adds torque but I can definitely say doesn't make anything cleaner. I could probably find out exactly how it adds torque or the exact reason cat decide to build dozers that way. The worst thing we clean is a large landfill dozer with high track all that trash crammed in tight spaces horrible.

17. junior0000069

junior0000069

Cat High Drive Advantages
    As it did on the first Cat D10, today’s high-drive configuration offers a range of performance-enhancing benefits:

• High Productivity—With a suspended undercarriage that keeps the track on the ground in varying underfoot conditions, it provides outstanding balance and maximum performance across all applications.
    • Modular Design—The high-drive configuration allows service personnel to rapidly change out drive train modules, which can be preassembled and tested before being installed. The modular design helps to simplify maintenance procedures, which in turn reduces downtime and helps to minimize owning and operating costs.
    • Operator Efficiency—High drive provides outstanding visibility for large tractors. Coupled with the improved ride from the resiliently-mounted suspended undercarriage, the elevated sprocket system helps operators remain comfortable and efficient throughout a long shift.
    • Transportability—High drive also contributes to easy disassembly of the tractor for easier transport by truck or rail.

18. Lee-online

Lee-online Mul-ti-pass

Here is a pic of a D11R i took at work a few years ago. Doesn't really show its size, but they are big and it is tiring working on them, too much climbing.

[​IMG]

19. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done