close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

know of any machine shop/gunsmith that can machine a cylinder for moonclips?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by antediluvianist, Dec 14, 2004.

1. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I have a 7-shot 686Plus.

Does anybody know of any machine shop/gunsmith in Manila that can machine (the back of) a revolver cylinder to accept moonclips? This sort of thing is done all the time abroad, but if no machine shop/gunsmith locally has experience doing it, I won't try. Moonclips are SO much faster than HKS speedloaders.

2. Allegra

Allegra

Simple lang gawin yan
    Jun Tuason or metrillo

3. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

ante,

Try to e-mail TK Custom at http://www.moonclip.com/faq.htm. Maybe he wil be kind enough to give you detailed instructions for machining the cylinder. I read in one magazine that he gives free machining instructions if you buys your moonclips from him. Then you can extend them to a competent gunsmith. I too have been fascinated by moonclip fed revolvers and moonclip conversion for a 7 shot revolver.

Good luck

4. paltik45

paltik45

I met a couple of revolver shooters in Laguna and they went to Metrillo to do the modification. This can be done in a Lathe machine with a four(4) jaw chuck. Meron na po bang vendor ng MOON CLIPS dyan sa atin? Pwede po bang malaman kung saan. Salamat po.:)

5. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Mga pare, the moonclips themselves - no, as far as I know walang local dealer (Twin Pines and the other standard gunshops don't carry them - anyway I would need the 7-shot version). But I suppose moonclips can be imported pretty easily via Fedex or friends.

Thanks for your advice, I will approach Metrillo. I have tried using HKS speedloaders in the dark - as I would have to in a real home defense situation - and it's just too slow.

The other alternative is the spring-powered "SL Variant" 7-shot speedloader, but those things are quite expensive, have to be imported, and are still much more inconvenient than a moonclip.

Will let you know about Metrillo.

6. julianz

julianz toxic master

sorry sir ante,

Post hijack,

for autoloaders 9mm double stack, which Mag speed loader can you guys recommend , Where and how much can i get it... thanks.

7. paltik45

paltik45

Get the plastik one made by Hogue, I got mine at Makati Cinema square. I like the texture of their plastik medyo makunat. Yung tinda ni mang Tony ay aluminum nakaka gasgas ng mags. :(

8. julianz

julianz toxic master

thanks paltik45, any more choices, what can you say about HKS941 , thumbloader and mag toll..is it available in PI.