close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Knights of the Old Republic

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by Tvov, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Tvov

Tvov

Anybody play this? A friend lent me the game (4 CDs!), and I've played a little, but I am not really into role playing games. My friend is a psychotic Star Wars fan (not necessarily a bad thing).

Just curious what others think about the game.

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I have it on Xbox and it was a blast. I'm 99% finished with it (second time around, as an evil @&(!@er this time).

3. eljefe6

eljefe6

It is the only game that was fun enough to play all of the way through 4 times (I like Star Wars BTW). It is really fun to play as the dark side.

4. grenadier

grenadier

When I first started playing it, I was grumbling over the money that I spent for it, since I had been more used to action-based games, such as Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

As I played for the first 45 minutes, though, I really started to enjoy it. The characters you interact with have some very entertaining conversations.

That same night, after I had decided that I'd continue playing the game the next day, I had looked at the clock, and suddenly realized that I had been playing for 4 hours straight.

The game has lots of replay value, since you can get different outcomes, depending on whether you took the light side or dark side choice (towards the end), and to a lesser extent, what gender you selected for your main character.

Also, each time you play, you might find different options that you uncover in each conversation, and that conversations can dramatically change, depending on what order you completed the planets. Try doing Korriban last after the big revelation, and you'll get some very funny options, indeed.

At this time? I might start up a new game, after having not played it for a couple of months. It's almost as if you were watching an extended movie. At least it will keep the appetite sharp for KOTOR 2, when it comes out this Winter.

5. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

YEP, I love KOTOR. It is a bit slow at first, but then the hours fly by. It does have a lot of cinematic feel to it as well. Not to mention the re-play value is so good.

6. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

This game is one of my favorites.

And I never really got into Star Wars at all!!

It is coded with the same engine (heavily modded, tho) that runs another fave title of mine, Neverwither Nights.

When I played it through on Evil, though, that was almost too much. I mean, damn....