Glock Talk banner

knife fight training from a "gun guy" perspective

859 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  megawatt
Thought some here might find this interesting. Mods, if this is better placed in the training forum, I can repost it there or feel free to move it:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpres...nctional-disarming-chantilly-va-418-419-2015/
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Banned
11,514 Posts
Look into some of Kelly McCann's stuff. He has plenty of videos and written material out there and he's in you general area. I trained with him for several years when I lived in NOVA.
Kelly is the real deal and has put his money where his mouth is on many occasions.
You might also look into some of Bob Kasper's stuff. He has since passed away, but he provided a lot of insight into Kelly's training. Again, real world stuff not mall ninja wanna-be.

Happy training.

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. I know of McCann but not Kasper. Will do some more research.

The people with whom I'd most like to train in this arena are Craig Douglas and Chris Fry. Douglas is in the cards for a non-knife class in a little over a month, but that should give me a look into his teaching style. Fry, unfortunately, doesn't seem to train outside of NY very much.

Thanks again!

· Electron maker
516 Posts
Just to add to the op and AMOK training....

Last year Tom came here to Vegas for a 2 days class. That guy knows his stuff, knows the history, knows how to explain the theory and answers. Incredible fighting knowledge and a really funny guy. Definately bring a notebook, he is a walking encyclopedia about what he teaches. Find a AMOK qualified trainer, they are squared away and a great way to stay in practice. Since Tom is a East coast guy, many of the West coast AMOK guys came to Vegas to train with Tom since it's rare for him to come out this way. I got to meet the California AMOK guys, it was a very educational and exhausting two days. It was a 10 man class, you can't beat that value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.