close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

kNIFE COURSES

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Pitbull, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Pitbull

Pitbull

I am looking for a knife course geared to LEO's in New Jersey. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Find a Kali instructor. They are everywhere and as far as knife fighting Kali is really difficult to beat.

to Add: Here is the link to the wikipedia page. The page has the links to the different websites. You may be able to find the information that you are looking for there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pekiti-Tirsia_Kali

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Kali is some bad shizznit, dawg. You learn to block while cutting nerves and tendons in the same stroke. Crazy fo shizzle, yo!

4. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

I think you need a vacation :tongueout:.

5. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Yes, I am going bonkers.

6. CCF

CCF

Speaking of knives (& sorry for being a little off topic), is it illegal for me to carry this knife on my person in Oklahoma (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance)? I figured posting this in the LEO Forum would get accurate results.

Knife laws are vague (at least to me) & I'm wondering if I'll be hassled (or arrested) if I get caught with this particular knife on me. Also, if it's just because of the assisted opening feature, would a regular folder of this length be ok?

Thanks.

7. Hedo1

Hedo1

Are you looking to learn basic defense and offensive use of a knife or actual knife fighting against another armed with a knife?

The stripped down basics can be caught in a long weekend. I know of two folks in Eastern PA., in Bucks County, that are quality instructors and tend to have a lot of LEO's in their classes. It's not LEO specific however.

Shoot me an e mail if that fits your requirements.

8. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

So I've noticed...my wife always makes me take a couple days off when I start sounding more like I'm from the 'hood than like a normal human being, lol.

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

There's a class with Felix... something or other next week, March 21st... he's supposed to be a famous martial artist, and he's doing edged weapons. It's local here and for LE, it's only $10. I'm working, but wanted to check it out. After all, how bad can it be for $10?