Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/jack-klugman-son-calls-dad-omission-tv-academy-185959422.html

This is disappointing. Jack Klugman died this year, and is left out of a tribute at the Emmys tomorrow night, with other stars that also passed; one with few accomplishments (and died of an overdose).

Compared to Mr. Klugman who IMHO, was a great movie star (Remember 12 Angry Men), TV Star (Odd Couple, and Quincy ME) and all around good person. I grew up watching this man in the 70's and 80's.

Glad his kid is stepping up for his dad. Emmys suck. I won't be watching.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
That's messed up. No respect. **** Hollywood.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Don't forget the episode of Twilight Zone were he played a pool player.

·
Registered
24,236 Posts
He's old, white, Christian, straight and male.
Not exactly the image of modern Hollywood.

No doubt he's up in heaven laughing at those fools right now.

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
If I ever was going to watch the Emmys, I'd not watch now.

Edit - I had to look up who monteef was. :upeyes:

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This person is going to be honored at the Emmys tomorrow night (reference Wikipedia):

Cory Allan Michael Monteith (May 11, 1982 – July 13, 2013) was a Canadian actor and musician, best known for his role as Finn Hudson on the Fox television series Glee. Born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and raised in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Monteith had a troubled adolescence involving substance abuse from age 12, and he left school at 16. After an intervention by family and friends, he entered drug rehabilitation at age 19.

As an actor based in British Columbia, he had minor roles on television series before an audition tape of him singing "Can't Fight This Feeling" helped to land him the biggest role of his career, Finn on Glee. Following his success on Glee, Monteith's film work included the movie Monte Carlo and a starring role in Sisters & Brothers. In a 2011 interview with Parade magazine, he discussed his history of substance abuse as a teen, and in March 2013, he again sought treatment for addiction. In July 2013, he died of a toxic combination of heroin and alcohol in a Vancouver hotel room.

Yep, seems to me he's worthy, not. Geez, seriously I'm beside myself, this is wrong compared to Jack Klugman.

·
Registered
21,064 Posts
I don't see the problem. He is going to be remembered in the standard Emmys way with all the other entertainment people that died this year, just not included in their little special tribute to a few others that died this year. They can't make the whole Emmys show about dead people.

/

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see the problem. He is going to be remembered in the standard Emmys way with all the other entertainment people that died this year, just not included in their little special tribute to a few others that died this year. They can't make the whole Emmys show about dead people.

/
Refer to post #6. Compare credentials, seriously...

·
Registered
21,064 Posts
What does the credentials have to do with it? I have never seen anything the Monteith kid has been in. I am a huge fan of Klugman and have seen everything he has been in. I don't get to pick and choose who the Emmys wants to have in their little special. In my opinion Klugmans son is being kind of a jack butt about it. What about all the other great entertainment industry people that died this past year that are not going to be in the little Emmys special?

/

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Maybe it is popular with alot of people to be a drug addict.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I can't believe he got snubbed. He had more talent than some of these people.

·
Mountain Man
6,921 Posts
I really liked Klugman as an actor. We really do live in a different world today. Sad.

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
I realize this is a little obscure. Maybe zero people here will understand. But it must be done.

KLUGMAN!!

·
Incompetent
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhl1U6CG2pg"]Jack Klugman in 12 Angry Men - YouTube[/ame]

Look at the star power in this scene behind Jack Klugman in 12-angry men. Not to mention Henry Fonda. Nominated for best picture in 1957.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,295 Posts
Spanned the era of black and white film to color sitcoms....... A long list of credits in popular entertainment. He does deserve a mention.

I'm not slamming the young drug abuser, as I know very, very little about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he portray a high schooler in a series about singing or something?

Okay. Just googled the Glee guy. More roles than I was guessing. He did play "Michael" in "Kraken: Tentacles from the Deep." Okay. Almost as good as "Twelve Angry Men." :wow:

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts

/
Have you seen recent TV? It's all dead people in dead shows. Lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts