KKM G21 drop-in to 10mm 6" barrel, user reviews?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 21Glock, Feb 25, 2010.

1. 21Glock

21Glock

I know I posted this before, but I didn't get any responses. I'll try it one more time.
    I was interested in getting a KKM Glock 21 drop-in to 10mm 6" barrel soon for my 21SF and was interested in any feedback on how this set-up has worked for others shooting 10mm in this particular configuration.
    I have a SS non-captured guide rod with a 22lb. ISMI recoil spring and have secured some 15 round G20 mags.
    Any feed back on reliability and accuracy with this put together on a G21SF?

Thanks.

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I'll be watching this as well. I have a used, standard length 10mm conversion barrel on the way
    for my G21sf RTF2. I would have liked a 6" but, the price was right for this to try out first.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010

3. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

I have a KKM 45-10 6” barrel. The only ammo I have fired out of it is;

American Eagle 180gr.
    DoubleTap 200gr.

I have had no problems at all. But, when they first came out I sold a bunch and had a lot of returns. People saying they had nothing but FTF & FTE. We stopped selling them due to the returns. The flip side, there are a few here on GT I have spoken with that had no issues at all and found it a joy to shoot.

I am using a 6” slide, SS captured guide rod with ISM 22lb recoil spring

A photo of my 21 Lower, 6” Slide, and 6” KKM 45-10 Barrel
    [​IMG]

4. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

5. LWD Armorer

LWD Armorer

I agree with the guys on that form. He has a Frankenstein Glock. LWD 45ACP slide, with a LWD 10mm barrel, we do not make a 10mm conversion barrel for the 45 slides. Changing the slide speed could make a difference, Extractor/Ejector, I am not sure. He has a slide and barrel that were not designed for one another. First thing I would do is find a 10mm slide and use the same lower, barrel, mag, ammo, and see if I can duplicate the problem and then go from there.

6. Adionik

Adionik

I hear you can drop a regular 10mm G20 barrel and it will work just fine. But I can only find G20 barrels for $175, so for that i'd get the KKM barrel.

Seems some have extractor problems...others don't. I would have to put atleast 500 rounds through it to trust it with my life. I'd rather carry 10mm than .45ACP, even if it's super expensive.

I wanted a G20...still do, but if I can make my G21 shoot 10mm that would be ballin'

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

That will NOT work! Outside diameter of the G20's barrel is smaller, will not be supported by the slide.
    If you are concerned about the ejector, simply replace the G21's trigger housing with a G20's trigger housing.

8. MO Fugga

In many cases, I would imagine that its better to buy 2 guns in the end... save the hassles.

9. 21Glock

21Glock

That would be a concern(ruined case mouths) with me since I reload and 10mm brass is very hard to come by now. At least from Midway. I'm going to have buy some more Georgia Arms 180gr. just so I'll have brass later on to reload. Apparently, this can be a problem sometimes with even the G20's themselves.
    Thanks for the great info. Keep it coming!

10. 21Glock

21Glock

Yes, that might be my best option. I have the mag. for the 10mm and I can still get the LE discount from my local dealer(Good price!).
    Imagine having 2 Glocks, a 45 and a 10mm. I'm already feeling my heart beat faster at the thought. KKM barrel is 1/3 price of a new 20SF. Besides I could dedicate my 21SF to shooting some .45 Super every now and then.

11. HK Dan

HK Dan

Wrong, bubba-lou. The barrel is the same size, but the barrel hood is slightly different. It may not make a difference, as the round centers on insertion, but it may not be as accurate as a factory barrel in a factory slide or conversion barrel.

I run the KKM 10mm conversion barrel in a G21Sf, and it's fine with no other parts change (magazine excepted)

12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Hmmmmm,

Guess I was a BIT misinformed.
    Seems the barrel diameter is the same, but the breach is a bit off and will be loose.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  13. 21Glock

21Glock

No damaged case mouths or FTEs from using the 21SF extractor on 10mm cases?
    I may have "jumped the gun" in thinking about going to another gun to shoot 10mm. No pun intended.

14. Snapper2

Snapper2

I have a kkm 45/10mm barrel for my g30. Shoots fine for around 50rds or so then starts jamming if the extractor isnt cleaned.(NOT THE BARRELS FAULT) I decided to go with a stormlake 400 corbon barrel in the g30 and it has been alot more reliable and fun to shoot once I finally learned to form the brass to the correct headspace.

15. Adionik

Adionik

Read this entire thread.

https://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971573

16. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Thanks for all the info guys. I asked an Armorer about this a while back and seems
    that I got some poor info.

Looks like the G20's slide/barrel mass weighs just over an 1.1 ounces more than
    the G21's slide and barrel assy.

17. 21Glock

21Glock

Thanks. Kevin at KKM said that I should file down a little "bump" on 21s' extractor so I could use the 10mm brass. I was trying to see if I could get around that. I guess I will have to try some 10 rounds when I get the barrel in and see how it runs. If I have to clean the extractor every 50 rounds, not too bad. I'm going to be using this as a hunting pistol anyway. I shouldn't need more that 1 or 2 rounds that cycle anyway.

18. MO Fugga

That was one of my first posts, 10 heavier than .45 (and I assumed the same for the 29/30) and caught hell about it...

19. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Not many members give you a whole lot of wiggle room here.
    It happens,......won't be the first time, won't be my last.