kkm barrels for glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jdeangelis99, Aug 3, 2007.

1. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Guest

Does anyone have the kkm threaded barrel with a compensator on it?? I just bought one and wondering what people think

2. VincentVanGlock

VincentVanGlock Guest

I don't use KKM, don't have a threaded barrel, and wouldn't admit to having or using a supressor if I did use one.

3. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Guest

its not for a supresor.. I have a external compensator on it that screws onto the barrel...

4. kengps

kengps

I have a threaded barrel, and have and use a supressor on it. Why would you not admit it? You don't think they are illegal to have do you?

5. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Guest

Wait they aren't illegal?? I thought they were.. Where do you buy them?

6. kengps

kengps

Threaded barrels are not illegal. You can buy them from Lonewolf. The silencers do require a BATF Form 4 class 3 transfer and a $200 tax on top of the cost of the silencer. Most 9mm silencers run $500-700 dollars.

Learn about them at www.silencertests.com

The link concerning legality is a bit dated. Most Form 4's are being processed in under 4 weeks now, not many months as before.

7. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Guest

oo ok I have a threaded barrel from KKM But i was talking about the silencer. I don't think nj would let me get one. They don't even allow anyone really to have a CCL. What is a BATF? Is that another LIsence?

8. kengps

kengps

Yes, New Jersey is another matter. From a federal standpoint though they are obtainable. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. BATFE now I think it's called.

9. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Guest

haha yes I wish it was possible in NJ!!! I might move out just cause i hate the gun laws

10. D. Manley

D. Manley

I have a comped KKM barrel for my G34. No problems whatsoever with the barrel & 13 LB recoil spring but adding a Carver (Hunter) Mount & CMore setup I have to use a modified (Dale Rhea) ejector to avoid the occasional "bounce-back" from empties hitting the mount. Running the comp minus the mount you should have no problems but will likely have to go to a 13 LB for reliability if you're runnin a 9MM. I've ran as low as 11 LBS with no issues.

11. jdeangelis99

jdeangelis99 Guest

my recoil spring is at the standard 17 pounds for the .40