close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KKM Barrel

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Mar 12, 2006.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

w/comp for my 34. been thinking i'd like one more for the weight than the comp. anyone have one on their unlimited gun? pros and cons?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I have a KKM with the threaded T.H.E. comp on a G24. It shoots great. The only problem I found was taking the time to test and expierment to find the right load and spring combo for everything to work together. After you reach that point it's a "Hoot to Shoot".

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

what's a THE comp? i was wondering if the comp made it harder to cycle the slide with reduce power loads.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Don i called Glockmeister today to get a barrel and he told me it isn't recommend to put a comp barrel on a 34 becasue "it's weak and i'll have reliability problems" KKM makes a comp barrel for the 34, maybe they wouldn't care if it works or not but i'd suspect they do a little research into it before they market something. what's your thoughts on it? i was wanting to have the barrel and a load worked up before ft. benning but i've gave up on that now and will have to wait till indy to try it out.

6. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

kkm barrel with an SJC comp works wonders on my G17.

For a strictly GSSF gun, I'd go with the shorter comp. to get the stabilizer ports to work better with light loads.

It does require some work playing with load development, but I've had fun doing it so far.