close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KKM barrel vs. factory glock barrel

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by deltaopwong, Apr 10, 2004.

1. deltaopwong

deltaopwong L.E. Member

I was going to purchase a G23 at a local store because they didn't normally stock the G32. I am going to get .357SIG barrel for it. Any thoughts on the 165.00 KKM barrel vs. the 100.00 Glock 32 barrel? Has anybody tried both? How much more accurate is the KKM barrel over the factory? I used to own a Sig P229 in .357 and that thing shot flat and was extremely accurate. Any thoughts or experiences would help. Thanks, Stan

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

I have put KKM barrels in a G24 and two G35s.
    They are excellent barrels and can shoot lead.
    For the G23s, however, I have used the Glock or Lone Wolf barrels.
    I just did not see the expense needed in a non-target model.
    That is just my take however.
    Enjoy.

3. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

I just received a 6" KKM .357SIG barrel for my 24. I shot it on one trip to the range in the 24, a 31, & a 35. The jury is still out on which way is the most accurate. I think I like it in the 35 best.

I can not tell that it offers much more support than the factory .357SIG barrel, which appears to me to offer more support than the other Glock barrels I have in .40 S&W and .45 ACP.

If I were you, I'd go for the factory 32 barrel. If you were going from 357 to 40, I'd go with the after market barrel for more chamber support.

Goood shooting!
    :) :) :) :) :)

4. deltaopwong

deltaopwong L.E. Member

Brooklyn South, How's that muzzle blast and sound out of your 6 inch KKM .357SIG barrel? My P229 .357 was loud but I think you must have scared the crap out of a lot of people at the range with your 6 inch barrel. Thanks, Stan

5. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

There were two other shooters there when I started, both to my right. They were shooting 22LR pistols. I hadn't brought a 22. Sorry guys. One had been there much of the day, and the second had a 9mm CZ too. I think that the 4.49 31 may be louder than than the 6".

If I can improve my groups, I'd like to try the 6" 357 at 100 yards on the rifle range:cool:

Good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

6. HERB

HERB

I HAVE A KKM FOR MY G22 IN .357 ITS A LOT MORE ACCURATE THEN THE G31 I HAVE IF I SHOOT THEM OFF OF SAND BAGS. I NOTICED THAT THE KKM BARREL SEEMS TO BE HEAVIER THEN THE GLOCK FACTORY BARREL LESS MUZZLE FLIP. THE KKM LOOKS TO HAVE A QUALITY FINISH AND SEEMS TO LOCK UP TIGHTER THEN THE FACTORY BARREL.

7. redskyzatknight

redskyzatknight Glock S&W Kahr

I have a KKM 357sig barrel for sale in gun parts and accesories here. Price is $120 includes confirmed shipping. They go for $165 + shipping. You can PM me through GT or e-mail. Theres a pic there too.

8. jfinan

jfinan

I have a KKM .357 Sig barrel for my G23 -- it works like a champ. Just don't confuse what ammo you are using with which barrel...

One "advantage" over the factory barrel is that it (KKM) has "traditional" rifling. If you wanted, you could shoot lead, but I don't.

I also think it is finished nicely. If you're going to fork out the extra bucks, at least it should look good.

9. deltaopwong

deltaopwong L.E. Member

Just picked up a new factory G32 barrel for 90.00 shipped. Now it's time to go pick up my G23 at the store...Stan

10. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

If you were buying a G32 and buying a 40 bbl, I would say go with KKM. Since you're going with a 23 and getting a Sig bbl, I would say to save the money and go with factory. The engineers did it right in my opinion - expansion of the fired cases is no more than .005 (as opposed to around .010 with 40s) and it has (almost) full case support at 6'oclock. I have a G-31 and have put hundreds of loads through it that are approaching the top end of pressure and not even a hint of a smile on the ejected cases. No need for a KKM in 357 unless you're dying to shoot lead.

Don

11. bdc

bdc Former Member

Chamber support for both Glock Factory and KKM barrels is excellent.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231698

What is not mentioned is how precisely the barrel locks up. The Glock is designed for reliability, my measurements on other barrels indicates Glock has a .003" loose tolerance so that the gun will function dirty.

The KKM is a target barrel. Lockup tolerance is as tight as .0001" for such barrels, because the expectation is that the competition gun is very well maintained between rounds of shooting.

12. tashworth

tashworth

Hey DeltaOpWong,

Are you interested in selling the G23 barrel?

13. Blue Jacket

Blue Jacket

I purchased a 32 and then a KKM 40 barrel. I have not have had any problems.

I wanted a 357 sig and figured I would buy the KKM 40 to shoot lead which I reload. The KKM barrel I belive is finished better. Haven't shot either of them enough to know if accuracy in the KKM is superior.

I do love the 357 sig.

14. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

My experience is identical except that I bought a 31 and bought a 40S&W KKM. Works perfectly and I've probably shot about 400 rounds through it by now - very accurate but shoots a tad high. I agree with you on the 357 Sig.

Don