close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

KKM Barrel fit problem w/ Glock 19 (Gen 3)..HELP!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AggieAlum, Mar 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. AggieAlum

AggieAlum

I ordered a KKM Glock 19 barrel and after dropping it into a Glock 19, the fit of the barrel is TIGHT but thats not the problem; after installing the KKM drop-in barrel, the slide will not rack back...only enough to disassemble the gun again (the slide will not rack back any further than that.) Something...perhaps the lug on the barrel is keeping the slide from properly moving.

I am using a Glock 19 Gen 3 gun. I sent the barrel back to the company after talking with KKM who thought that it might have been a G17 barrel that was accidentally sent to me. But the company I bought it from says it works just fine in one of their prevous gen Glock 19s.

Can anyone help me understand whats going on here?
    Thanks

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

There was another thread about this very same problem just a week or so ago. Assuming that the rear of the barrel hood is flush with the slide, then you probably need to file a little off the lugs. Kevin, of KKM, posted on here to contact him for detailed instructions about where/how to file. You probably only need to make a few strokes with a good file. I use E-Z Lap diamond hones for such filing.

3. AggieAlum

AggieAlum

Thanks for the help.

Turns out that Kevin at KKM talked me through the problem and it was a G17 barrel that was accidentally threaded as a G19 barrel...
    The new one I recieved drops in and works just great!