close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kitty litterbox behavior: Male vs. Female

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by The Pontificator, May 7, 2006.

1. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

At least this is how it works around here:

Female: dainty and quick. She gets in there, does her business, covers it up, and leaves. In and out.

Male: litter is flung everywhere as he digs his way to China. Spends the next 10 minutes wiping his front paws on each corner of the box.

:upeyes:

Personally I think the female is so quick about it because she fears being "trapped" in there by the male cat. She absolutely refuses to use a litterbox with a dome on it. :cat:

2. Stillhuntn

Stillhuntn

Same way here most of the time. I can always tell when I will have to assist in the clean up. Our male digs like there is no tomorrow. Usually that means a) it stinks bad enough to peel paint from a brick wall and b) it is stuck to his paws and fur. It usually requires a wrap in the towel and washing of the feet in the sink. That usually leads to me losing blood.
    Both of our cats prefer litter boxes with lids. With him it is a good thing as he has slung poop all over the top of the box.
    If your male is like ours he waits until almost too late and then totally cleans his body out. It can be trying at times, but the rewards of having him sleep in my lap and the happiness he has brought us are worth it.

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

I told Ponti that my older male Max STANDS to pee in the hooded box!! He never buries his pee either, maybe because he was neutered as an adult?? ugh!!! :frown: Pee runs down the box and lid. I am forever wetting paper towels to wipe it all up off the lid. My younger male Milo was neutered very young and he sits and is dainty. He buries all of Max's pee and half covered poop. He is on double duty!! Good Boy!!

But hey......I am grateful Max uses the box. I am way grateful.