GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Secret Squirrel
224 Posts
My G29 firing anything from Underwood makes my G27 seem tame by comparison. After a mag or two or the 10mm Underwood I'm done!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
My G32 handles great...recoil is easy to manage due to the largish grip. However, my G33 twisted in my hand under recoil with hot Underwood loads. This altered my firing grip and slowed down follow-up shots. I solved this problem by putting a Pearce +0 magazine extension on my carry magazine and using the G32 mag for a reload. This eliminated the problem and helped me to tighten up my groups at the same time.

View attachment 857614
I tried the same on my 33. I never even took it to range. I was hoping it would give me a full grip, it did not. I returned it. I have gorilla hands. the sharpest part of that extension was flush with the dead middle of my pinky. not gonna work. I have decided after many years I cannot do baby glocks. I mean I can, I just don't want to. I need a 19 length grip, or bigger.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
My worst, by far, was my G27. I hated that thing, and did not keep it very long. 2nd worst were the two G29's that I previously owned. 3rd worst was my G23. My G29's were reasonably manageable, but never pleasant to shoot. My G23 was quite manageable, with regular practice, but not unpleasant to shoot. The muzzles on all 3 of those tended to jump all over the place.

My previous G32 and G33 were not bad at all, even though they had serious recoil. Fairly straight back, instead of the muzzle jumping around. Pretty sharp recoil impulse, but quite controllable.

My current G30S and G36 are a dream to shoot. Just a solid thump (not sharp), straight back. I too don't understand people complaining about G36's, based on how they felt to me. They must not work with their hands very much (I do), doing things that require much strength (that isn't an insult, but just an observation).

My current G20 is a dream to shoot. With full power Underwood, it is more sharp than a thump, but quite controllable and not unpleasant. Quite a contrast to my G29's, which I didn't much like, and will never buy again.
Too bad on the G29s, should have run some 40s&w rounds through them. The G29 instantly becomes a creampuff. I carry one every day with a KKM conversion barrel and Federal HSTs in .40 and it shoots as gently than my G19 firing standard pressure 9mm rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Polymerlicious!
5,820 Posts
I haven't shot the 10mm but the .357 Sig is pretty snappy.
That gets my vote.
I have a G36 and it's got some snap but it's very controllable.
A buddy had the .357 SIG and I found it hard to shoot. I think it was muzzle flash and blast as much as recoil but I didn't particularly enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
The worst i have shot is Airweight with Buffalo Bore +p 158gr, I thought the gun was gonna break, and 158gr 357 mag in Lcr, Snappy to me.
My Glocks.... 30s,20,23,27 don't compare.
BB +p in an Airweight is awfully stout fare. Please tell me it's not part of a steady diet. I have a model 12 and practice with standard .38 special, but load it out with +p only for emergency use.

·
Secret Squirrel
224 Posts
I have a G27, G33, and G29. G29 is definitely more felt recoil to me when shooting proper 10mm ammo, not the watered down stuff. The G27 and G33 are just different types of felt recoil in comparison to each other. Its hard to compare those two back to back, but in timed tests I was able to get follow up shots off faster with the G33 than the G27. I found that odd.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I have a G27, G33, and G29. G29 is definitely more felt recoil to me when shooting proper 10mm ammo, not the watered down stuff. The G27 and G33 are just different types of felt recoil in comparison to each other. Its hard to compare those two back to back, but in timed tests I was able to get follow up shots off faster with the G33 than the G27. I found that odd.
it is due to the recoil profile of the rounds. the .40 as we all know has that characteristics "popping" or "swivelling" recoil. the sig is more of a straight back blast, with a strong impulse. I find sites are back on target easier with sig v. .40.

this is plain to see in some of TNOUTDOORS9 videos where he shoots from a "POV" type thing, where you can see the sites thru the camera. the sig comes right back onto target and the .40 always takes a bit longer.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
it is due to the recoil profile of the rounds. the .40 as we all know has that characteristics "popping" or "swivelling" recoil. the sig is more of a straight back blast, with a strong impulse. I find sites are back on target easier with sig v. .40.

this is plain to see in some of TNOUTDOORS9 videos where he shoots from a "POV" type thing, where you can see the sites thru the camera. the sig comes right back onto target and the .40 always takes a bit longer.
I think it has more to do with the projectile weights. With similar energies, heavier projectiles have more recoil in the same pistol. Why? Change in momentum, or as the shooting community calls it...power factor.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts