King of Snap: What is the “Snappiest” Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by IOmm, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Fearless40

Fearless40 Secret Squirrel

My G29 firing anything from Underwood makes my G27 seem tame by comparison. After a mag or two or the 10mm Underwood I'm done!

2. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I tried the same on my 33. I never even took it to range. I was hoping it would give me a full grip, it did not. I returned it. I have gorilla hands. the sharpest part of that extension was flush with the dead middle of my pinky. not gonna work. I have decided after many years I cannot do baby glocks. I mean I can, I just don't want to. I need a 19 length grip, or bigger.

Blackshirt likes this.

3. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Too bad on the G29s, should have run some 40s&w rounds through them. The G29 instantly becomes a creampuff. I carry one every day with a KKM conversion barrel and Federal HSTs in .40 and it shoots as gently than my G19 firing standard pressure 9mm rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

That gets my vote.
    I have a G36 and it's got some snap but it's very controllable.
    A buddy had the .357 SIG and I found it hard to shoot. I think it was muzzle flash and blast as much as recoil but I didn't particularly enjoy it.

5. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

BB +p in an Airweight is awfully stout fare. Please tell me it's not part of a steady diet. I have a model 12 and practice with standard .38 special, but load it out with +p only for emergency use.

6. Fearless40

Fearless40 Secret Squirrel

I have a G27, G33, and G29. G29 is definitely more felt recoil to me when shooting proper 10mm ammo, not the watered down stuff. The G27 and G33 are just different types of felt recoil in comparison to each other. Its hard to compare those two back to back, but in timed tests I was able to get follow up shots off faster with the G33 than the G27. I found that odd.

Blackshirt likes this.
  7. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

it is due to the recoil profile of the rounds. the .40 as we all know has that characteristics "popping" or "swivelling" recoil. the sig is more of a straight back blast, with a strong impulse. I find sites are back on target easier with sig v. .40.

this is plain to see in some of TNOUTDOORS9 videos where he shoots from a "POV" type thing, where you can see the sites thru the camera. the sig comes right back onto target and the .40 always takes a bit longer.

8. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6 Fullclip's Life Matters! FLM!!

I think it has more to do with the projectile weights. With similar energies, heavier projectiles have more recoil in the same pistol. Why? Change in momentum, or as the shooting community calls it...power factor.

9. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Our G42 with its .44 Magnum conversion barrel can be a bit snappy.