GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Would guess the small 10mm would be #1 but I never shot one, mine would me a 33 or 36 as I have shot both.

·
Registered
10,939 Posts
I always hear G27?
first Glock i ever tried was a 27. friend of mine brought his 27 and i had a Colt 1911, 70 series. i thought, how the heck did they harness ball lightening! years later i got a G30sf, figuring it would be like shooting the 1911... not exactly, but i liked it. i shot my Brother in Laws 23 and thought it was fine, i figure when i shot the 27 back when... i was just compaing it too harshly to the Colt...that was a sweet gun...

·
I'm not retired
7,208 Posts
Absolutely! I got rid of my two. Not fun to shoot.
I now have a 33, which is a close runner up to the 29.
If I had to guess, these smaller, higher power Glocks are the leaders for getting Glock knuckle. I sold my G36 before attempting the TG cut, but had to wear tape around that area of the knuckle. The Mrs. hated shooting it.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
That's approaching 220 PF. Yep, it would be snappy.
The KE was about 675. While there were no signs of over pressure on the case or primer I did have to back-off because the load cracked the locking block in the 33. I found this after disassembly inspection and cleaning.

I reduced the load to ~1325 fps and carried it in a G23 for sometime. While pretty stout in the G33 the load was fine in the G23. Both the 40 and the 10 have lots of potential for the hand-loader. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
"Snap"? "Snappiest"? WTH, is that an engineering term? WTH does that MEAN? Define it.
Snap or snappy is not an engineering term at all.
Snappy as it is applied to handguns is nothing but a term derived by those that are sensitive to recoil.
I first heard it applied to 40 S&W, but have yet to experience anything that justifies it in that in my G22.

All that said, I would imagine that a G29 with some hot Underwood loads would get your attention.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Absolutely! I got rid of my two. Not fun to shoot.
I now have a 33, which is a close runner up to the 29.
Me and a guy from work borrowed a brand new 29 a couple of years ago and gave it a spin. It was horrible. Neither of us could hit a pie plate sized target from five yards. Both of us had numb trigger fingers in just a few mags worth of ammo. Obviously something was wrong with that particular 29, but it kept both of us from buying one for a good while. Eventually we both bought one, and they are really fun guns. He carries his regularly, and I will start when my Ryan Grizzle holster arrives.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,480 Posts
G36

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I only own two Glocks, a 17 and 20sf, neither is snappy with upper end hand loads. :)

·
King Doofus.
5,718 Posts
G29. I went from a 23 to a 27 back to a 23. The only reason I went back to a 23 was because I could carry it just as easily so it made no sense giving up bbl length and capacity. The 27 wasn't snappy.... my Kahr CM40 is a bit snappy.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Glocks are the reason .40 S&W acquired a rep for being snappy. Out of guns properly designed for the round, it's not really snappy at all.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,719 Posts
I haven't fired all the Glocks that are out there but by far the flippiest and the only one that is flippy at all is when I put the .357sig barrel in my G23. it liked to have jumped up and hit me in the nose.
My 17,23,21, 36 and 20sf all have the expected recoil but I wouldn't call any of them "flippy".

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,776 Posts
"Snap"? "Snappiest"? WTH, is that an engineering term? WTH does that MEAN? Define it.
Let me see if I can clarify his statement for you ..... by putting "snap" and "snappiest" in sentences for you.....

I had a girlfriend who used to snap her bra straps.
She had the snappiest straps I've ever heard.
See how that works? Now a challenge for you........

Conjugate the verb "snap" in German, all four PRESENT cases........

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
G30 with a 460 Rowland conversion barrel. Nasty little beast. 6" barrel with a comp.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It definitely is not the G-30 Model . I only have one Glock , my G-30SF but this pistol has a soft recoil . Cut be because its massive slide , but this thing shoots softly and when I time up the recoil, I can shoot 5, 6 whatever rounds with accuracy as well with easy ... very nice , indeed.
It shoots as well as my HKC45 , which is the best softly shooting .45 ACP pistol I ever shot and as accurate , too .
I think that for whatever unknown reason , the G30SF model is one of the most accurate Glocks around .

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
Here is a snappy Glock. I think pink pistols order them.

Then there are the "snacky glocks".

Dog ate his glock.png

Reactions: fxstchewy

·
1911 lover
10,144 Posts
Mine is so easy to shoot even plus P ammo. Dont understand how much yours can recoil. Mine shoots an 8 inch group at 100 yards..

The g32 is the glock that i think has the most snap. But its still not hard to shoot.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts