close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kind of new to GT, My first post in this forum.

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by toothlesrooster, Feb 4, 2007.

1. toothlesrooster

toothlesrooster

As stated above, I'm kind of new to GT. It took me a while of looking through all of the other forums before I even spoted this one.

I'm purely an amatuer, but I love shooting photos as much as my firearms so I thought I'd post one of the photos I took at one of last years ISPSA events local to me.

Kinetic Energy

Hope you like, thanks a bunch!

Gavin

2. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

welcome aboard! :wavey: I like your picture. Great capture with the spent brass in mid air. :wavey:

Feel free to post more and often. I'm sure a lot of us would like to see what you're up to - photograpically speaking of course. ;)

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Very nice shot! B&W adds mental focus to it, I think. Then again, I think B&W almost always helps. ;)

4. toothlesrooster

toothlesrooster

Thanks for the compliments guys and gals! I have uploaded several more on the same site. You can see all of the albums here.

toothlesrooster.lenzus.com

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Your animals are GREAT! B/W is too!

Tell me about that brown kitty. Special breed? She is beautiful!

What are you shooting with? I didn't have any luck with pulling the EXIF on the few I tried.

6. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

I say excellent sense of composition in your photos. You add a bit of drama by way of composition in the animal photos.

7. toothlesrooster

toothlesrooster

Thank you very much for the compliments. I shoot with a Canon 20D with the BGE1 battery grip.

I've had several lenses. The horses face was taken with a Canon EF135mm F2 soft focus(SF wasn't on of course). I sold that, the lens was absolutley sharp and wonderfull, just a bit too long for a prime. I also sold an EF50 F/1.8 plastic fantastic. I'm going to buy another one. Wonderful lens for the money. The rest were taken mostly with a Tokina 19-35mm F/4.5 and a Tokina 35-70 F/2.8.

The cats are Egyptian Abyssinans. My mother breeds and shows them. If anyone is interested she does sell pet quality cats and retired show cats. The pet quality usually start at about $600.

The brown cat is actually called a red, my monitor isn't color calibrated as I haven't bought a kit for it yet so he may appear a little brown. I'm assuming you are talking about the adult in front of the screen door, is Thor. He's my brothers cat. The blue, the one facing head on with the shallow bokeh is Jax, he's mine.

Wonderfull cats. A blast to have around. They're always into something!

Well, Thanks again guys! I'll see if I can find some more to stick up there. I think I have a few of the dogs.

Gavin

8. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

He may be more red on other monitors--I am on my laptop that is about eight years old. He doesn't look as red as our red tabby does, more of a brown here, so I am betting it is my display.

I think that is the breed that Shoeless has :)

9. Rogueplayer

Rogueplayer Fast Mover

Good to see more folks that enjoy Firearms and Photos!!!

10. mcculleb

mcculleb

Picture is great. Need some pictures of Glocks with mid air brass though...LOL
    Welcom to GT:wavey:

11. toothlesrooster

toothlesrooster

Done!

Click Here

It's not the most wonderfull or technicaly perfect shot, but it shows one of the many things a Glock can do! :)

Hopefully I will be able to pick up a Glock of my own soon. Looking at a G19 or G22 I can add to the stable. Then maybe I can get some really nice shots!

12. mcculleb

mcculleb

Nice!!
    Love how you can still see the muzzle blast comming out of the barrel even when the next round is almost chambered.