1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this at a pawn shop..

Revolver Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

Yea a Kimber DASA jazzed up.

Now folks, are Kimber KS6 revolvers that good? Do they hold up under lots of .357s?

Now this would make a great BBQ gun... Not crazy about the ..

Font Guitar accessory Metal Logo Carmine

on the other side but... at Gonzales they did have that flag!

$1400 bucks seems quite a bit..

So what do you guys think?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think Rugers are tanks.
And S&W has just about perfected the trigger and action on a mass produced firearm.

I guess my point is, that’s a lot of money to spend on something that a Ruger or Smith can do, at a better cost. And there’s a lot more aftermarket support should you ever what to change things.

·
Registered
38,142 Posts
The standard model is around a grand so it comes down to if 400 extra is worth it.

·
Semper Paratus
31,084 Posts
I have a 3 inch model blacked out, they are fine little 357 magnums great fitting trigger pull and accuracy the lockup is super tight

Reactions: G30 Medic and CAcop

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
I think Rugers are tanks.
And S&W has just about perfected the trigger and action on a mass produced firearm.

I guess my point is, that’s a lot of money to spend on something that a Ruger or Smith can do, at a better cost. And there’s a lot more aftermarket support should you ever what to change things.
It sounds to me that you don’t have any experience with the Kimber snubbie…

·
Registered
8,317 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts

Im not saying that the street prices aren’t cheaper. However the street price for the Kimber will also be lower.
Gotcha, fair enough. Most of the new SP101s I’ve seen in stores are in the $700 range and new GP100s are between $750-$800. Varies depending on where you are, of course. I bought a 640-3 a month or so ago and it was like $759, as I recall. Honestly, the prices are close enough I don’t see it a a big factor in deciding what to buy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It sounds to me that you don’t have any experience with the Kimber snubbie…
I don’t. And I don’t know anyone with one to try one.
The price is what keeps me from buying one. While I do think Kimber makes fine firearms, they certainly aren’t priced cheap enough for me ”risk” buying one and not like it.

The be honest, the only experience I have with them is in the 1911 line.

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,488 Posts
Interesting looking revolver.

I wouldn't mind having one, don't want to part with the cash, but just about every name brand revolver has gone up, up in price. Maybe sometime.
I've had a couple of Kimber 1911s, they were decent pistols.

·
Registered
8,317 Posts
I don’t. And I don’t know anyone with one to try one.
The price is what keeps me from buying one. While I do think Kimber makes fine firearms, they certainly aren’t priced cheap enough for me ”risk” buying one and not like it.

The be honest, the only experience I have with them is in the 1911 line.
I own three of these revolvers and I can categorically say that neither SW nor Ruger or Colt has something that is as well built, with superb mechanical accuracy (out of a snubbie) as the Kimber.

The SW 640has shorter trigger pull and shorter reset. But you hate crap for sights unless you go with the more expensive Performance Center version. Even then the build quality doesn’t match the Kimber. Plus the Kimber is a six shooter. The Ruger SP101 is just godawful all around. Once upon a time it was cheap but it’s no longer cheap.

The Colt King Cobra is a six shooter snubbie but its DA pull isn’t as good as the Kimber, neither is the build quality, and the price is about the same anyway.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I will agree that the SP101 trigger is nothing great.
Neither is the GP101, but the best trigger I’ve ever felt was probably on a Colt Diamondback.
and next to that would be a K19 Smith.

Lockup, I’d say it is hard to beat a Colt. I guess I’ll have to see if I can handle a Kimber next time I see one.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts