close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by JD Glock, Feb 17, 2010.

1. JD Glock

JD Glock

I am thinking about purchasing a Kimber Custom Crimson Carry II. I really would like to add a good solid 1911 to my collection and am drawn to this one. I have never shot a Kimber but I hear good things about them. Any advice?:embarassed:

2. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah, spend the money on a better 1911 instead of a stupid laser. :whistling:

3. Tactical black

Tactical black

:agree:

4. JD Glock

JD Glock

Okay......:dunno:and what would be better?

5. rottboy_8

rottboy_8

Out of the box, my Kimber Custom TLE/RL II has the best "stock" trigger action compared to my other 1911's. Its such a joy to fire, haven't done anything internally as I find no need too. IMO, KIMBER's not only look great, they fire just as good. Have put 800 rounds since owning her three months ago, with 95% being my home lead molded 200 grn. SWC bullets. If you decide to get one, you won't regret it. Happy shopping!!!!:wavey:
    Here's a pic of my puppy which is getting regular range and IDPA use.
    [​IMG]

6. bac1023

bac1023

Nothing wrong with Kimber for a first 1911.

I'm just saying that you can get more gun for the same price if you ditch the laser model.

Do you like lasers?

7. Ol'Slabsides

Ol'Slabsides

Agree with bac. Don't buy a crutch, get more gun. You can always add the CT later. I have a set (on an RIA, great fun for chasing cans), but have night sights on all my carry guns. Think of it this way: that's another $300-350 of gun you'd be loading batteries into, and whether you buy Kimber (I've had 3, all great) or another brand, you can step up your game with that extra $$.

8. JD Glock

JD Glock

I have really never used lasers. I have a G23 with night sights now that is my ccw. I want a 1911 for sport, so I am really not partial to lasers, but I did like the look of the gun. And honestly don't know the price of that Kimber. I don't want to spend more than 1k. I have thought about a S&W.....

9. JD Glock

JD Glock

Thanks for the pics and advice. How much did you pay for this one?

10. bac1023

bac1023

How about a Kimber Custom II or Smith & Wesson SW1911?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rottboy_8

rottboy_8

Got it used for $950. Had fired 200 rnds by first owner. Came with two additional Wilson mags. Not a screaming deal but still saved a few bucks.

Any of the above would be great.
    Was originally after a Custom Target II in Stainless. 4 months ago, a fellow range member let me have 5 rounds in his Custom II Stainless and that shooting session made me a Kimber believer. Finally settled on the TLE/RL as I liked the balance the bulkier frame has. Happy shopping!!!:wavey:

12. bac1023

bac1023

The rail does add some front end weight.

13. Tactical black

Tactical black

I bought this gun from a shop that just wanted to move some guns that month for $799.00 brand new. I do like the gun but I wish I had gotten a 5" model instead I have decided I'm going to get a Stainless TRP next unless I find a good deal on a Valor then I will probably buy that instead.

sorry for the bad pic
    [​IMG]

14. rottboy_8

rottboy_8

B1023, the specs say no but just came back from the range today and had my buddie (the instigator with the Custom II Stainless) try it out. He and I both agree that the balance seems a bit better. Could all be in our minds but then again its a Kimber. Since LA Swat makes it the pistol of choice, I like it even more. LOL

TB, $799!!! Now I really feel bad. And your complaining you should have gotten a 5" model. At that price, brand new, that's a screaming deal!!! After firing it you won't be selling it either. Most probably will be starting your Kimber collection. The Valor - thats what I'm dreaming about (but the wife keeps reminding me of the nightmare I will experience if I ever think of pulling funds out of my kid's school money). BTW, congrats on the great score and what a good looker you have - perfect CCW!!!

Happy shooting guys!!!:supergrin:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010