GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Scottish Member
11,212 Posts
The downside is.. if they allow the employees to move with them.. They will be bringing that CANCER ideology with them and then will start trying to turn AL into the ****-hole that they left behind...
They work in a gun facility, they are not typical New York'ers (even the upstate'ers are not what you'd think of as typical NY'ers).

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I was born and lived in Alabama for years. I was never aware the the New Mexico Jemez Mountains were that close. :horse:
I'm from Bay Minette, work in NM for a few more days. Then on to Texas for a few years.

Reactions: bamabrad22

·
You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!
726 Posts
My TLE II is still running after more than a decade! Works for me. Can't help the other who were unlucky. Glad they are leaving Yonkers!
Kimber-Galco.JPG

·
Registered
749 Posts
You do realize, that there are people in New York who make Rush Limbaugh look like a flaming liberal? HH
I remember when our new dealership and body shop were being built, when it was time to move we hired four temp guys, one was from Rome, NY. We eventually hired this guy and we became shooting buddies, this guy was hilarious, me being from NC, I honestly had never been around any New Yorkers!

And of course being younger at that time myself, when I thought of NY, I thought of NY City!

I remember this guy saying that upstate NY was absolutely FULL of gun loving good ole boy rednecks!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I'm from Bay Minette, work in NM for a few more days. Then on to Texas for a few years.
I figured it was something like that. Just jerking your chain a little. I started school while living in Grand Bay.

·
Director of civil unrest
8,590 Posts
What I wanna know is if they've taken that gawd awful billboard BS off of their slides. It has been one of the deciding factors for me not buying one of their guns.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
The downside is.. if they allow the employees to move with them.. They will be bringing that CANCER ideology with them and then will start trying to turn AL into the ****-hole that they left behind...
As an ex-NY'er I'm insulted, but I'll be kind this time by saying that you're just an ignoramis.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I remember when our new dealership and body shop were being built, when it was time to move we hired four temp guys, one was from Rome, NY. We eventually hired this guy and we became shooting buddies, this guy was hilarious, me being from NC, I honestly had never been around any New Yorkers!

And of course being younger at that time myself, when I thought of NY, I thought of NY City!

I remember this guy saying that upstate NY was absolutely FULL of gun loving good ole boy rednecks!
it is, same with NJ. there are many sides to every state.
Northern NJ outside the burbs ain't nothin but woods, lots and lots of woods. either retired hippies, who mind their own, or rednecks, even some hills-have-eyes type folks. Most would not believe the stories I have from growing up there. lol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Haven't spent much time in Alabama? :waving:

·
Use it up, throw it away
8,493 Posts
You do realize, that there are people in New York who make Rush Limbaugh look like a flaming liberal? HH
No, he doesn’t realize that. Every single citizen from New York is Leftist. Same with California. Conversely, every person living in Texas is a Constitutional Conservative. Even those people living in Austin.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
It is mostly NYC that is so liberal. And that skews the numbers for the state. The rest of, and especially rural NY, is pretty conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm member
29,692 Posts
It is mostly NYC that is so liberal. And that skews the numbers for the state. The rest of, and especially rural NY, is pretty conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are more conservatives within the five boroughs of NYC than there are in the entire state of Utah. Unfortunately, the squeaky wheels get the oil. HH

·
Caffeinator
5,278 Posts
I don't like to think of those folks losing their jobs, but this will be good for Alabama. This may even be better for Kimber as well.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Who, me?
1,101 Posts
Don't "New York" my Alabama!!!

·
Who, me?
1,101 Posts
Troy's shopping looks nice when you pass through on 231. I have heard there are problems there. 70% minority enrollment in the public schools. Hopefully this move works out better than the Remington move to Huntsville.
That was a management problem, not a worker problem. Remington was already over-burdened with debt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m glad for em. Not a big Kimber fan but glad for the fun industry and Alabama. I wonder if they are hiring??

21 - 40 of 55 Posts